Coils for Whites TDI Pro Oz Series

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1507206211_97130275-8c0f-44f4-a7e1-2b718b556cfd.jpg

Very happy

dear

in my area i can t get coiltec tdi or other s search coil which working fine so i wont to try
to using them in my tdi spp but with little change in hard ware to make the search coil harmonic
with my tdi spp.
i have 12 inch tdi coil . but i want to make larger coil for more depth in gold . o i miss some
informathion to start make new search coil or changing some any minilab coil for my spp
i want to make 18inch concentrec coil or mono.

rgds

This the imformation about minilab serch coils . now we need some one give us whites tdi sl serch coils information
DD Coil Measurements.

Minelab 11"DD GPX coil. Coiltek 430 x 280 DD Pro. SEF 21" x 17" DD.

TX pins 5-4 Inductance = 294 uh. 249 uh. 293 uh.
" " " Resistance = 0.4 ohms. 0.5 ohms. 0.46 ohms.

RX pins 1-2 Inductance = 368 uh. 524 uh. 416 uh.
" " " Resistance + 17.1 ohms. 7.2 ohms. 8.21 ohms.

Inductance between pins 2-4. 590 uh. 775 uh. 712 uh.
Resistance between " " " 17.5 ohms. 7.7 ohms. 8.5 ohms.

SRF TX 492 kHz 509 kHz 356 kHz
SRF RX 496 kHz 570 kHz 356 kHz
rx 148pf

Remembering pins 1-5 are shorted in the coil plug.
Pins 3-4 are shorted in the coil plug.

Two additions but only inductance's and resistances as I do not now have the coils and this is all I logged.

11" SD series DD TX inductance 314 uh resistance .4 ohms. RX inductance 402 uh resistance 14.4 ohms.

11" GP series DD TX inductance 304 uh resistance .4 ohms. RX inductance 348 uh resistance 14.6 ohms.

What area are you from. Concentric coils have not been known to work well in Australia. That's why when the TDI Pro was imported it was fitted with a mono coil. Don't you have access to any large coils?? Any coil that works on a minelab will work on the TDI. Coiltek do make large coils specifically for the TDI. Should be plenty for sale on the net. Don't see that its worth making your own. Plenty of choices out there. :D

This thread might be of some help to you https://nuggetshooter.ipbhost.com/topic/31094-twisting-up-diy-coils/
As said most Minelab compatible coils will work with the Whites TDI series detectors but you may struggle with larger Minelab coils on the SPP. Some have reported having to use a higher pulse delay with larger coils on the TDI but the SPP is somewhat limited being set at 10us delay. Would require some trial & error.
Obviously Whites TDI specifically made coils should work better. There is some info on what the difference is in the above post (& why not to use TDI specific coils on Minelabs).
As well as the Coiltek TDI range you could look for Miner Johns coils https://minerjohndesigns.com/product-sample-product/miner-john-designs-14-open-round-tdi-mono-coil/
Jimmy Sierra also used to sell some larger sizes - 14x18 BigShot & 20" Sierra Grande you could try to source.

thank u mr mbasko for your help .

i think the main point there pulse defrent . .... the resestance .& inductance

in minilab search coil resestance les les tham 0.5 ohm and in tdi sl 1.6 to 2 ohm
in minilab we can say rx cap middle (145 -150)pf in white tdi sl (????????????)pf
in minilab inductance tx (from 249 to 363)uh in whites tdi sl (????????????) uh
in minilab inductance rx (from 416 to 775 )uh in whites tdi sl (????????????) uh

rgds

Hi. All. I've been doing some tests with my TDI Pro Oz using a Detech 15 x 10 mono and a Coiltec 18 x 12 Goldstalker. The reason to decide which to keep and which one to sell. What I've discovered is they are both excellent on the TDI. In fact except for a little bit deeper result with the Coiltec they both run with very similar results in regard to threshold. Personally I'd be happy with either of them. Bigger footprint with the 18" but still light enough thanks to the terrific balance the whites machines have. Still loving my TDI. :)

Just noticed the 8 x 12 miner John folded mono seems to be available separately for the TDI. Although its listed as out of stock at the moment. I'm wondering is it going to make a big difference to a TDI pro oz performance wise.??? Currently running a Detech 15 x 10 mono with good results.

ronniecruisin said:
Just noticed the 8 x 12 miner John folded mono seems to be available separately for the TDI. Although its listed as out of stock at the moment. I'm wondering is it going to make a big difference to a TDI pro oz performance wise.??? Currently running a Detech 15 x 10 mono with good results.

The folded Mono is a bit hotter on small gold for sure, :Y:

Thanks. Ridge Runner. Do you think it would go as well as it does on a TDI SL on the Pro Oz.?? As it was made for the SL I'm wondering if the slightly different circuitry would make a difference?

Oh. Ok. I'm a bit confused. I thought the mj folded mono was special to the SL. Maybe the marketing of the SL and the fact the coil initially was not available separately sent me down the wrong track. :argh:

ronniecruisin said:
Thanks. Ridge Runner. Do you think it would go as well as it does on a TDI SL on the Pro Oz.?? As it was made for the SL I'm wondering if the slightly different circuitry would make a difference?

They will work really well on both models but because your machines have had Luke's Mod it should be make the machine even hotter on small Gold, With the 6x10 folded mono it should make it on par with the SDC and will be less effected by EMI,

hope that helps,

J.

ronniecruisin said:
Oh. Ok. I'm a bit confused. I thought the mj folded mono was special to the SL. Maybe the marketing of the SL and the fact the coil initially was not available separately sent me down the wrong track. :argh:

Miner John purchased the Razorback coil making business ................ Using coils from both.

1582009143_tdi_coils.jpg

My 2 cents worth, keeping in mind I have an SL - I bought a MJ 7x11 folded mono and testing it in ground and in air against the sadie there was no comparison. Sadie was deeper on all targets & stronger clearer signal.

Also a key point for me was that the MJ hot spot ie the fold, is only in the very nose and about the size of a small coffee cup, so whilst you are sweeping an 11" wide strip, you are only sweeping the first 2.5" at max sensitivity. I know that we all overlap sweeps and that the hot spot is smaller at depth anyway but with the folded design you are starting behind the 8 ball.

Latest posts