You are not logged in.

• Register to access all forum features  

BigWave
11 February 2020 01:49 pm

Completed and powered on.
Very little UVC light output.
Stupidly, I ordered a ZWB1 filter, whereas this UVC lamp requires a ZWB3 filter sad
So, another few weeks wait until the correct filter arrives.

GPX-4500 & Direction Finding Daughter

LoneWolf
11 February 2020 03:22 pm

Ooops BW...

That's a bright torch Sand Surfer... I think you will find the 'UV' is a 'Black Light'..... Ok on some minerals but not in the UV Spectrum...

That would be good in the bush at night tho. Lots of Fun.. big_smile

We plan to build a 'Home use' UV light first... then move into the Field Lights... They will take a bit more to get up and going... But they won't be as expensive as most that are out there...

You could always use a generator to power a home light in the Field... That would work in most areas that I know where these minerals hide... pickshovel

LW...

Last edited by LoneWolf (11 February 2020 03:27 pm)

Growing Old is Inevitable.... Growing Up is Optional.... Union Proud and Union Strong... A.M.W.U Active Member....

1 user likes this post: sand surfer

sand surfer
11 February 2020 04:48 pm

Thanks for that lone wolf,what have i done cry
yes it is a bright light you can see the blue light on the kitchen floor in the middle of the day smile
looks like i have got a expensive scorpion hunting torch lol
Ok i will have to wait and see what you and big wave come up with in the near future smile

AT PRO international,1 pick ,1 pelican pick,shovel,sieve's,pans, 8" gold rat dream mat river sluice,crazy crusher,elbow grease and a back that scream's don't do it

1 user likes this post: LoneWolf

BigWave
11 February 2020 05:49 pm

Guessologist wrote:

It would be interesting to see if performance was changed at all in a meaningful way later on with the use of a fan regardless of heat issues. Some/many bulbs create ozone which strongly absorbs UV-C so it's best to vent it out if it's in there. I guess a sniff test would tell you if a lot of ozone being made.

You were quite correct Guessologist and I thank you for your input.

The lamp that I bought does have a 10% 185nm spectral omission, which creates a lot of Ozone.

These 254nm germicidal lamps come in Ozone and non-Ozone variants (the non-Ozone variants use a Chemical doping of the Quartz to suppress the 185nm emissions).

I'll start looking for a non-Ozone emitting lamp such as the Philips TUV PL-S series.

Last edited by BigWave (11 February 2020 06:19 pm)

GPX-4500 & Direction Finding Daughter

1 user likes this post: LoneWolf

Contact Us - Privacy Policy - Terms Of Service

View Desktop Site