Rushworth / Whroo area

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeh was great GT, a hard days night!
Boy my head hurts.

Thanks also to 20xwater.

Hey your right mate, the smart Phone is smart.

No color today but the camp fire is blazing again.

Cheers

Meta

Just found the second fireplace pictured.... its been bisted up npw and plow disk taken.

Was just out there having a look on our way back feom Eldorado to bendigo.
Nice places for a swing at rushy, head up to growlers hill and check out the shaft... someones taken to the fence with cutters... the work in the shafts amazing.

I gave Whroo/Rushworth area a visit yesterday for the first time. I didn't find any gold, just the following items, all of which came from a gully in Whroo:

1581214903_whroojunk.jpg

I found the geology a bit weird, in that the two reefs that I happened upon both ran East/West. I also came across a small gully with the most Ironstone grains I have ever seen since starting out in the hobby. It looked like really deep particles of rust that had completely filled a gully to the exclusion of all other types of rocks and stones.

I also found myself a rather nice Quartz sandwich, which looked so inviting I realized that it was time to take a lunchbreak as I was getting hungry. :)

1581215214_quartzsandwich2.jpg

Latest posts