Killarney Qld prospects

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Morning all,
Im moving into the area (Killarney) soon and was wondering what gems etc are available in the area. Im keen on most stones and gems and looking forward to getting my hands dirty again.
Last trip was to Lightning Ridge back in late November 2019. Not much luck for the week.
Im hoping to join a gem club however looks like the closest one is in Warwick.
May have to invest in my own machines. Im also interested in silver smithing so a club would be handy.

I hope to be doing a bit of gold prospecting over the border (NSW) and maybe out west of Warwick (QLD) but havent really done well out west.Its proberly still out there and maybe the bit of rain we've had might make things easier.

Anyway, heres hoping we have a treasure trove in Killarney.

Looks like there could be sapphires in the area, where you find Sapphires, you find other stuff :)

Never explored the area but your post made me do a bit of research, it showed up a place 'Allynblue' on Killarney road where they appear to do a bit of tourist stuff with Sapphires.

Thanks Dihusky,
Thats one Ive never looked for before. Sapphires would be nice close to home. Will also lookup what else is found with them.
Ill have a look for the name and see where and what they do.

It's Closed Fellas.. Has been for a few Years now .... Another one bites the Dust.... 8.(

A mate keeps asking the Owners and they have No plans of Re-opening... Won't let anyone in either... Think it was called Swanfells ?.....

The Sapphires I have seen from there are not very pretty (horrible greenish colour) and was told Cutters are few and far between...

Welcome to Windy Killarney.... ;)

LW...

Ahggg! No sooner than finding it, its gone. Oh well, there must be places near to Killarney. Ill keep looking. Stanthorpe I thought had some gems etc. I'll have a look there. Not sure about the locations.
Thanks anyway.

I would be looking at the Creeks that run through the areas of 'Swanfells' ?

Its a Geologically Interesting area... But lots of Private Property... :/

LW...

Thankyou for giving me a couple of locations to go try. Swanfells is kind of close. Ill give it a go first.

Latest posts