Online Maps.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I found a great map going thru the treads last week but do you think i can find it again. It was like a google map where you could zoom to an area then click on a miners pick and see extra information. Can anyone point me it the right direction. Thanks in advance.

OldGT said:
Its handy but its inaccurate, every place I know for sure where the exact location is, the pin is out. But its in the ball park.

It does show coordinates of the selected location so I guess that's accurate?

Moneybox said:
OldGT said:
Its handy but its inaccurate, every place I know for sure where the exact location is, the pin is out. But its in the ball park.

It does show coordinates of the selected location so I guess that's accurate?

Slid the slide measure over it, it can be 20 to 90 metres out, accurate enough I guess, but I could see where it might put you in the wrong side of a road or appear on private land when its in fact public and vice versa. Only mentioned it as I assume its being used to find old workings and possibly shafts.

they help a lot just use the arial part makes it easer to read where you are looking

Hi all,

Anyone know where they are getting the raw data from?

I ask coz, I make these sorts of map for my job, and think a much better tool could easily be made.

If I could find a source of data I'd make a better version of this map and let everyone on PA use it!

Whats your thoughts..

bruceh said:
Hi all,

Anyone know where they are getting the raw data from?

I ask coz, I make these sorts of map for my job, and think a much better tool could easily be made.

If I could find a source of data I'd make a better version of this map and let everyone on PA use it!

Whats your thoughts..

Bruce I would guess the Mines Department would be the most accurate and accessible source of this type on information.

https://dasc.dmp.wa.gov.au/dasc/

Data and Software Centre
Home
Online Systems
Data and Software Centre
Online Systems
Data and Software Centre is a facility that allows you to download spatial datasets relating to geology, mining and petroleum titles, geochemistry and other geoscience information. You can also download spatial applications and training material.
The Data and Software Centre provides maps and spatial datasets in various formats.

Sounds like a great idea Bruceh :Y:
Can't help you with the data, but most of the old mining claims were recorded and surveyed
Start Googling old mine claims. Trove and Bonzle may be helpful
Good luck :cool:

Banjo68 said:
Sounds like a great idea Bruceh :Y:
Can't help you with the data, but most of the old mining claims were recorded and surveyed
Start Googling old mine claims. Trove and Bonzle may be helpful
Good luck :cool:

Bonzle can be hundreds of m to a km out from the real location,not very reliable at all

Latest posts