Headphones or Earphones suggestions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Itzallgood

I picked up a pair of Black Widow headphones from Reeds Prospecting in WA and they are brilliant.

At $220 not cheap, but you pay for quality.

I have hearing loss and the sound of a .03 spec of gold is so much clearer than with the Koss ones using the SDC.

Hope that helps.

Regards Anthony.

Itzallgood said:
Deepseeker said:
The only contribution I can make here is the comparison between the Koss headphones that came with the Gpx 5000 which are crap (they kept falling off of my head, have PVC Pleather cups which made my ears sweat really badly, have a lead which I found too short, and have a rather crappy sound), and the pair of Sunray Gold Pro's that I bought from the US which are a great set of headphones. Leather Cups, great fit, Volume adjustment left and right (great if your hearing isn't as good in one ear like mine), Volume limiter for screaming junk. Love 'em

Yes the Koss make a great neck warmer if you wrap a wooly scarf around them and place around neck. lol

Do the Sunray's still make your ears sweat?

The Sunray's make a huge difference comfort wise. They are a firm fit though, which of course some people don't like. I guess it's like so many things in that it comes down to personal preference. Plus they are made in USA not China

I was selling Recon-ST's, built by a relic hunter in the US, using the same inserts as used in the Sunray's. I have always felt these inserts give better clarity than other similar headphones. I am now in the process of sourcing parts and will get them built locally - gives me a bit more control over the process, and able to meet face-to-face will be so much easier.

I also have samples on the way of some different speaker inserts, hoping to give a little more volume with no sacrifice on small signal sensitivity/clarity.
These things all take time unfortunately, and any sample part that doesn't cut the mustard so to speak will be binned.

At the moment, if you want a bargain headphone that sound really good, are lightweight, and very comfortable check these out:
http://phasetechnical.com.au/product/yoga-stereo-headphones/
They have a very wide frequency response with excellent clarity, so will be great on coin detectors, particularly those with multi-tone ID options.

But if you want ultra high-end build, gel ear pads, and don't mind looking like a lost pilot in the bush :cool: then the SteelPhase Pro Series are the go.
They tend to sell out every time a batch is ready, so get in touch with Pat or myself for availability.

Cheers, Nenad

Gday guys, im interested in getting some headphones as i think working near a river is making me miss softer tones, what do people think..wireless or non wireless or perhaps an amp..also i saw the minelab koss ur-30 headphones now is the minelab word on there for marketing or is there something on there that only supports minelab detectors..i use a whites tdi sl..i know its probs a nooby question abut thats cos im still a nooby anyway..thanks for any info...Dave.. {) :D :D :pickshovel:

Deepseeker said:
pinfire opals said:
RPG headphones are a nice set have used them for years, volume control on both ears, way better than koss imo.

Anything is better than the minelab issue Koss ur-30 headphones
. Even two empty baked bean cans joined together with a piece of string
these do have a use tho' .. grandkids tend to get a bit excited & rip headphones off & just drop them where they stand ... in the dirt, on rocks. etc :awful:

PA11-00 I have been using these for a few months with a spo1 and with the volume control on the head phones the make it a good team
1580950489_pilot_1.jpg
1580950511_pilot2.jpg
1580950528_pilot3.jpg
1580950547_pilot4.jpg

John, I've looked those up and couldn't see any specs listed. Did it come with a spec sheet when you received them? Just curious

Nenad no spec sheet if you look at his web page all parts can be ordered including the speakers and i think they were high ohms ,as i said i am very happy with them i also got sweat covers and you can get different ear pads ,i ordered another pair today for mum regards john

Latest posts