Introduction

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Im an ex-geo, teacher and mum hoping to get the kids out on a fossicking holiday. I know very little about identifying gems in rough and hoping to buy some bags of wash and sieves to practice before we go. Just looking for suggestions on equipment and if places will deliver bags. Was thinking of doing the gem trail around Inverell.
Thanks.

Welcome Explorers to the forum. Im a newby. I played golf once in Inverell. Nice town. Cold in winter.

I love gems too, Ive just finished my cert iv in learning support. New career for me. Only want to work P/T. The rest of the time I spent with my family, mini farm and bees. Moving south next year. Will spend the cooler months fossicking with my wife.

Wishing you and your family fun and fabulous success.

All the best.

Welcome to P.A. Explorers
The Inverell and Uralla areas are where Mr Pot and myself first learned about gem hunting many years ago, (about 30 odd)
We spent a fantastic day out with a geologist Simon Page who taught us so much and got us hooked on rocks and sparklies from the get go.
Great place to start!
:D

Latest posts