What would you do ?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mr T (140mm span) came wandering into our camp one night. Actually a female Tarantula - Selenotholus Foelscheri, caught her and kept her in an aquarium for a few months.
She was an escape artist, after roaming the house for 4 days I decided to take her back to the goldfields and set her free.
She wouldn't hurt a fly, used to crawl into my hand, put a cricket near her and it disappeared in a flash.

1579823536_mrt2.jpg

Back in the wild at Wilson's Patch
1579823560_mrt_back_in_the_wild.jpg

Nightjar said:
Mr T (140mm span) came wandering into our camp one night. Actually a female Tarantula - Selenotholus Foelscheri, caught her and kept her in an aquarium for a few months.
She was an escape artist, after roaming the house for 4 days I decided to take her back to the goldfields and set her free.
She wouldn't hurt a fly, used to crawl into my hand, put a cricket near her and it disappeared in a flash.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/1414/1579823536_mrt2.jpg

Back in the wild at Wilson's Patch
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...ages/1414/1579823560_mrt_back_in_the_wild.jpg
Just a few questions Peter...
How long ago was that?
How old was it then?
How long do they live?
How far can they travel in a day?
Which direction was it heading when you let it go?

We had one on the ceiling, being 12ft up I left him be, until sometime through the night I felt something walk across my face ,in the morning he was back up on the ceiling but I'm afraid he wasn't high enough so had it permanently banned from the house.
Did you know that they actually feed off the saliva in the corner of your mouth while you sleep, don't ever have a wet dream and start dribbling :power: :lol:

We often get them inside, Wife's grandmother always said when they face down it's going to rain, she may not have been far off. We just put a glass over them and slide a piece of paper underneath and let them go outside.

I would have Super Glued that one to the roll, glued the roll to the holder and......

actually have a toilet and bathroom to myself for at least a week !

:p
Too many females in this house.

:)

Latest posts