Today I MADE

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dave law said:
Truely outstanding. How / where do you get your plans from?

The Model T and the Chevrolet are both from a company called Bearwood in the US, pretty good plans, usually three to four pages approx 600 x 900mm. (Mailed)
I tend to make some small changes to suit the tools I own. A lot of the timber I use is scraps I glue up.
I also get some plans from Peter Aschis website, these are A4 plans, quite comprehensive and are downloadable.

There are some free plans available but I avoid them. (Virus\ trust issues)

Glad you like the results, just a bit fun for me, I sell the occasional one here and there, helps pay for new tools.

1930s Tow Truck, over 70 individual Parts to machine. Approx 275mm long
1579659509_329eeb7a-5ecd-452d-b17c-ae202ec7b816.jpg

1579659530_457e5923-2f58-43b6-94b7-88ff6a7943a3.jpg
1579659552_59576fb8-a3f0-4845-999b-9aff81ace17c.jpg

Mackka said:
Pa I am also speechless with your skills and I tip my lid to ya mate!
Love it
Mackka :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Thanks Mackka, just ordered some new plans, hopefully Ill get a start on them next week. Sadly the FIL is unwell and the family arent coping and have asked me to take the lead in arranging social services, nursing home and ongoing care. Busy times ahead.

Shit that sounds like a terrible time for him mate. Makes me think a lot harder about looking after my aching bones and health. Hopefully he's in a place where he can be helped. It's tough on family at this point. I have friends and family who have had to make that decision, once they can no longer be helped at home. Still sucks.

Baz.

Well it's been an interesting season. Record high temperatures, half of Australia on fire, six weeks of breathing smoke, holidays on the coast cancelled, (everything is on fire), back to work, hail stones the size of golf balls, causing $350 million dollars in damages. What a start to the year!

Fires are still burning, but most are under control now, so finally we can get moving again.

There's been a lot of hard work preparing the new Viper hangar/workshop, some by backhoe, but most by hand.

The old shed and carport torn down, the cracked, lifted and broken slab underneath removed, big old tree roots removed and the ground re-levelled. Heavy duty concrete-sleeper retaining walls dug in and concreted, (nearly killed me), new side fence erected and now the slab has been poured.

Idiot me, got so excited with the concreting yesterday that I totally forgot sunscreen. Burnt to shit and feeling very sorry for myself today. Self inflicted, no sympathy.

In a few days time after the slab has cured properly, I will start erecting the steel frame and get the workshop up.

neIhG2t.jpg

eLqL3bw.jpg

TWhpj75.jpg

DwbGNcY.jpg

bvON354.jpg

XgHGwYQ.jpg

A graphics mate of mine thought he'd have some fun with the picture of the slab. Pretty close to the right size. The slab is longer than it is wide, so the Viper will be parked nose-towards the back fence. Arse end facing the roller doors on the front.

TYToHfX.jpg

Here's where mine's currently at....

7g0G1gU.jpg

Latest posts