Camping prospecting fishing

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mickybees said:
Hi all Im thinking of going camping this long weekend is there anywhere in Victoria I could camp fish and prospect at the one place that anyone knows of any info would b appreciated

Have a look at Rushworth /Whroo, just north and east of Rushworth you've got Warranga basin (you'll need to check the BOM site to see if there's any blue green algie last year they had it. As an alternative Whroo isn't to far from Nagambie and about 12 or 15 km's south of Rushworth from Whroo you have the Goulburn River and there's some decent Cod being caught, a boat/tinny is the go. Another place to search is Chiltern/Mt Pilot NP (restricted prospecting areas but not to far away is the Murray River once again a tinny is the go here to. There just a few that come to mind and you won't get the tranquil serenity of both prospecting and fishing at either you will have to choose one or the other either way it isn't any more driving around than you otherwise might do anyway. To help others offer potential options it would help if you let us know where you are travelling from :beer:

How did I forget Laanecoorie :( right on the water and the best of both worlds at your feet :) :beer: I need another beer. Let us know how you go, all the best.

Thanks Rm thats very helpful I just googled Laanecoorie looks like a beautiful place is that river right on the goldfields?
Much appreciated mate

RM Outback said:
Mickybees said:
Hi all Im thinking of going camping this long weekend is there anywhere in Victoria I could camp fish and prospect at the one place that anyone knows of any info would b appreciated

Have a look at Rushworth /Whroo, just north and east of Rushworth you've got Warranga basin (you'll need to check the BOM site to see if there's any blue green algie last year they had it. As an alternative Whroo isn't to far from Nagambie and about 12 or 15 km's south of Rushworth from Whroo you have the Goulburn River and there's some decent Cod being caught, a boat/tinny is the go. Another place to search is Chiltern/Mt Pilot NP (restricted prospecting areas but not to far away is the Murray River once again a tinny is the go here to. There just a few that come to mind and you won't get the tranquil serenity of both prospecting and fishing at either you will have to choose one or the other either way it isn't any more driving around than you otherwise might do anyway. To help others offer potential options it would help if you let us know where you are travelling from :beer:

How did I forget Laanecoorie :( right on the water and the best of both worlds at your feet :) :beer: I need another beer. Let us know how you go, all the best.
Would I be within walking distance of diggings ? Cheers

Laanecoorie is your best bet as for walking distance it is possible but a 3 minute drive will have you on the fields. Have a look at where the Laanecoorie caravan park is and check out the forested areas and you'll get an idea of distance.

RM Outback said:
Laanecoorie is your best bet as for walking distance it is possible but a 3 minute drive will have you on the fields. Have a look at where the Laanecoorie caravan park is and check out the forested areas and you'll get an idea of distance.
Thanks I will do that cheers will let u know were I end up ?

Latest posts