G'Day prospectors From YellowFever in Kilmore VIC

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
McGaurans Beach in Gippsland this trip, Three Days of wind from three different directions.
The Monday was best day, but had to travel back.

Hi all. Im completely new to this forum and I have never panned, dug or ever look for gold in my life.
But after buying a large amount of land in Kilmore east Ive been interested in it.
Reason being I have a creek running through my property. My property is quite hilly and the creek is in the gulley. Its only a winter creek ( only has water in winter) when its dry the bed of the creek has millions of small stones. Looks like some sort or white lime stone mixed in with it.
I have a quarry across the road so to give you an idea I have a lot of rock here.
My question is, what are the chances are finding some gold in the creek? Am I best to pan for it? Dig at the sides a bit or just scoop the bed? Or get a detector?
Im just curious for a bit of fun.
Thanks in advance for your advise.

Hey buddy quickest way is to search your area and put gold at the end, and specific creek.

You can head over to Geovic on a desktop for further gold occurances in your area. Theres a few youtube videos explaining how to use and a few threads here as well if you do a forum search.

You could also start your own intro thread.

Dont forget to get a Victorian Miners right if you decide to head out and search. :Y:

Welcome Yellowfever from a new newby? Not sure thats right but it sounds funny writing.

Man, build your own sluices. Skills to burn mate... kudos to you.

Spent a week in Buller in November. Being a Sydney boy I find this hard to say, but I like Victoria more and more every time I visit... :)

Love the cooler climate and drier summers. Too humid up here for me.

Hope your dreams come true and you days are filled great finds.

All the best.

New to justin said:
Hi all. Im completely new to this forum and I have never panned, dug or ever look for gold in my life.
But after buying a large amount of land in Kilmore east Ive been interested in it.
Reason being I have a creek running through my property. My property is quite hilly and the creek is in the gulley. Its only a winter creek ( only has water in winter) when its dry the bed of the creek has millions of small stones. Looks like some sort or white lime stone mixed in with it.
I have a quarry across the road so to give you an idea I have a lot of rock here.
My question is, what are the chances are finding some gold in the creek? Am I best to pan for it? Dig at the sides a bit or just scoop the bed? Or get a detector?
Im just curious for a bit of fun.
Thanks in advance for your advise.
Hi there, I'm in Wallan, relatively new to this as well been out a couple of times panning/sluicing/HB ing and found some yellow which was exciting..if you ever want company on your creek, id be more than happy to come help ;) cheers, Luke.

Latest posts