Newbie introduction

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
G'day Gold and Gem hunting addicts, my name is Paul and I live in Mount Isa. I'm relatively new to gold hunting though I used to by Australian Gold and Gem magazines and dream about going out and getting into some gold or gem action.
Now I just recently purchased an Equinox 800, some pans and sieves and have been going out to Sunday Gully, near Mount Isa and doing some sweeping and panning.
No gold yet but that's okay. Finding something will be a welcome bonus as I'm doing this to try and get fit and I'm too lazy to go the gym.
I don't know anything about detecting or panning or geological structures I should be looking for so any advice will be kindly appreciated.
I am however watching people on YouTube trying to build knowledge up on getting the most out of my Equinox 800 and looking for books to help me along.
I'll also add that I work 2 weeks on and 1 off so I get out there.
If you had gotten this far, Thank you.
May the tone in your headphones be sweet and the colour in your pan be brilliant!

Many thanks,
Paul
:cool:

Welcome to PA Paul.

Im with you. Need the exercise as I had high BP, Doc said - lose 20kgs and youll thank me. What a great space to work out in, the outdoors. Find some gems or gold.. bonus! I made some simple jewellery whilst living in the UK (long winter nights which began at 4pm for us)...love gemstones!

All the best mate. Wish you great success and hope your dreams are realised.

Latest posts