Shoalhaven river is looking morbid, but still producing..

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Evening all,
Just thought I'd share a quick recap of my trip to oallen and the shoalhaven this morning, for those of you that don't know, the river, well it's not flowing. No flow at all even after the rain. Braidwood ran out of water during the week and are now receiving several tankers a week from canberras dams.
I made the trip out this morning for two reasons, the first was to take up a heap of veggies and fruit to spread around random spots of the nerriga fire ground for the animals. - Holy hell the fire ripped through that bush like it was saw dust! Majority of the trees still have a leafy canopy but everything on the ground is gone :(
Secondly i wanted to go for a walk a couple kms down stream from the oallen crossing for a bit of prospecting.
After doing my good deed for the day i was pleasantly surprised with my takings for the 4hrs i put in scraping grotty algae crusted crevices on a very low river.
Here's the only pic i took of the river for reference and a snap of the gold in my little gold claw pan. Without a doubt its the best session I've had on the gold and hoping i can keep the momentum going.
Take care all and be safe :Y:
1579342078_20200118_090113_1579341999298.jpg
1579342109_20200118_203103.jpg