Detecting Inside Old Mines?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like with anything like this, you have to weight up the risk. There are so many risk factors from the old mines even if you become a trained expert. Often these risks are something that uses up a companies resources to manage and mitigate in order to allow a team to enter the mine for sampling. The process is arduous and the safety is never mucked around with. Remember the Tasmanian beaconsfield mine, 14 came out, one was killed, remaining two found alive with an awesome team to save them.

Interesting as it is, i would love to check them out, in my younger years an expert used to take me in. He was the guy that got me into prospecting from a young age, but never started until i was older and got the funds to buy my first detector 6 years ago. The mine visits always showed that the gold was well and truly depleted. The only remaining bits were on support areas. Mine it and it collapses. Often too difficult to achieve even if you try to strengthen the area.

highly recommend against it, unless you have a fully managed risk management plan following an assessment and work with a team. A current mine i know of, in a secret location, currently have a team who work ad-hoc as pass time. But they are rich people. They all put in, with air pipes, water system, ore carting and processing. It's crazy and they do it as a hobby. Not much yield.

DetectorMan said:
Like with anything like this, you have to weight up the risk. There are so many risk factors from the old mines even if you become a trained expert. Often these risks are something that uses up a companies resources to manage and mitigate in order to allow a team to enter the mine for sampling. The process is arduous and the safety is never mucked around with. Remember the Tasmanian beaconsfield mine, 14 came out, one was killed, remaining two found alive with an awesome team to save them.

Interesting as it is, i would love to check them out, in my younger years an expert used to take me in. He was the guy that got me into prospecting from a young age, but never started until i was older and got the funds to buy my first detector 6 years ago. The mine visits always showed that the gold was well and truly depleted. The only remaining bits were on support areas. Mine it and it collapses. Often too difficult to achieve even if you try to strengthen the area.

highly recommend against it, unless you have a fully managed risk management plan following an assessment and work with a team. A current mine i know of, in a secret location, currently have a team who work ad-hoc as pass time. But they are rich people. They all put in, with air pipes, water system, ore carting and processing. It's crazy and they do it as a hobby. Not much yield.
What a load if 5hit, pencil pushing pu55y

Latest posts