QED Use/Settings - Review of Each Detecting Trip

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, a Sadie we can work with.

Laid on the kitchen (plastic) table with the coil vertical and a plastic ruler stuck just under the coil.

Factory Defaulted. Quest wireless on full. Can't hear a threshold but can just, just, hear a few tiny noises popping through at times. EMI considering we are inside a house.

5 cent piece - 18cm nice and loud.

20 cent piece - 19.5cm nice and loud.

50 cent piece - 22 cm nice and loud.

Could get some noises out past this but they were intermittent and not solid, noisy signals.

Hopefully you will be able to replicate something like this with yours :Y:

Ok. Same procedure as above but with the 11" Detech Ultra Sensing coil. Laid on table, factory defaulted, Quest on full.

5 cents 25cm.

20 cents 19.5cm. (weird result considering the size of a 20 cent - must be the metal makeup of it?).

50 cents 28 cm.

?

OK Here it is 5c 20c 50c test.

Settings best results dasenator777 settings from AEGPF , so much noise if target where in ground I probably would not have ID them as targets. As I could see target I could distinguish target noise

Sadie

MGB 100

B - Null

A - 75

Gain 3

Mode 1

SMF 12, My default SMF is 109 I may as well been at a rock concert detecting

5c - 22 cm Clear Signal i would dig 16cm

20c - 19 cm Clear Signal i would dig 12cm

50c - 22.5cm Clear Signal i would dig 17cm

Northeast Setup

Sadie Coil

MGB 10 0

B -54 (Null is 55) as low as I can go without to much noise

A - 35

G - 1 any higher to much noise

Mode 1 Higher modes no different

SMF - 112 My default SMF is 109

5c - 17cm Clear dig signal

20c - 16cm Clear dig signal

50c - 17.5 Clear dig signal

Just done same test on Detch 11"

Same Settings

NO SIGNALS !!

If I hold the 50c on the coil face all noise stops and then if i rub coin on the coil i get a signal. This will be why I only get targets on top of the ground. !

When I tested detector with Goldman on phone I was using Sadie so I reckon there is still a problem elsewhere. Can a Bad coil screw the rest of the Detector if continually used.

Hi Dave.

Just to clarify, my tests today were purely just Factory Default - didnt change anything to Null or THS A or B or anything - just Factory Default.

The 50 cent held still against the coil - thats actually right, it will make a noise as it nears the coil, be quiet when held against the coil and then noise again as it is taken away. You see in videos that people chuck a nugget on a coil and it sounds off but then sits quietly until moved. Sorry if I am telling you how to suck eggs with that.

If you are waving the 5, 20 and 50 cent pieces in front of the coil and you are only getting 4 or 5 cms or no response at all then yes, dud coil I reckon.

The settings of Desatenator - if you are using these inside they will be noisy. Gain and THS A up like that. Its the reason I chose Factory Default to test - pretty much a quiet machine and everyone can easily replicate the test.

PM me if you want me to give you a call :Y:

When putting coin on coil no signal to or from it. RS coil. All the background noise EMI stops when coin held on coil starts again when coin removed.

At default for Sadie Slight noise in back ground

5c 12cm
20c 12cm
50c 16cm

Clear and Loud

Cheers

I received my new QED and Detech coil and went straight to Durikai for a swing.
Found
Buttons
Lead Shot
Boot tacks
Other Metal

Settings
MG 242
B 49
A 45-65
G 4-6
M 4

All finds where in the same area covered by previous QED where I found nothing

Again Great Service provided

Im gonna try to get out and give the 11 inch detech a go for the first time next weekend. Going to wedderburn so will see how those settings compare. What was the deepest target you dug roughly? Did it run fairly quiet in mode 4 with the 11"?
Im hoping wedderburn will allow a go on the 20" nuggetfinder while im there too.

Dave63 said:
I received my new QED and Detech coil and went straight to Durikai for a swing.

All finds where in the same area covered by previous QED where I found nothing

From all finds detected from the same area that you had covered with your previous QED then it must of been faulty, so did Howard mention what the problem was with the QED or Coil?

Hot rocks where a problem here. Target signal would be in a single spot, but when dug the signal spread across all dug dirt.
EMI I think was why I had to run mode 4. 3 was a bit noisy. 4 was Quiet. Deepest about 19cm that was for a little brass button.
5cent on air test was 19cm also
20cent is weird also least distance on air test. Must be made of different stuff
50cent 19.5cm

Started to rain while I was out. Straight away I wanted a waterproof cover. Definitely needs a dust cover

One point though I ran the sadie for a bit my MG was at 300 got away with 296 very hot area

Very Happy with detector :perfect:

Have a look at the canvas control box cover i made up. Its very cheap and easy to make. If you dont put the side pocket and shovel holders on it actually looks very clean (see first pic i posted keeping in mind closing the back up make it look much neater. Being canvas its definately rainproof. My fuse and audio socket is completely covered as i made a right angle lead

Dave63 said:
5cent on air test was 19cm also
20cent is weird also least distance on air test. Must be made of different stuff
50cent 19.5cm

If your results were with the 11 Ultra coil than are well short of what Northeast got with the 11 ultra coil on his QED using factory default settings .

5 cents - 25cm.
20 cents - 19.5cm.
50 cents - 28 cm.

I think factory setting are mode 3. Which might allow for more depth than mode 4 setup, but be a bit noisy on the 11"?? I will test that tommorow before trying to set up in mode 4 anyway

I only had a 50 cent piece to test at wedderburn and i was getting clear repeatable signal at 20cm on factory defualt with the 11" detech. I was getting a sketchy response between 20-25cm, where i would get a broken signal once in every two or three passes. Absolutely no signal whatsoever over 25cm.

Latest posts