Flexicone centrifugal concentrator

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has any one used any of the flexicones and what did you think about them
Would be interested to know if any are operating in Australia or NZ.
Cheers ?

1579158889_flexcones.jpg

??????

I have not used one but I have been doing a bit of research on it and 2 others, The spiral wheel and reverse healix concentrators.

The main downfall with the flexicone pr centrifugal concentrator is its a batch process and needs cleaning between uses.

I like the spiral wheel, but I am leaning toward the reverse healix.

Search for the mountain goat reverse healix tromell.

Thanks for your input so far
I am looking at the flexicone 300 comes in two models batch or continuous discharge can put through 10 tons per hour
Compared to spending heaps more on a knelson ,falcon or a icon concentrator
These a more machines for the small scale miner to recover flour gold.
Kind Regards Greg ?

Bloke seems to be selling them not to far from where I live in northern suburbs of Melbourne. Has ads on Gumtree and a few ebay listings on the go.

I messaged him to see if he can do a live demo with a few kilos of cons but he denied.

Haven't been able to find anyone to give a review on the units of this flexicone.

As soon as I have a spare gorilla I'll be the base unit and do a few honest vids of it in use. :Y:

That's a bit strange denying, because if he is trying to flog them with those ads then he is keen to sell. Maybe he's trying to keep as small and quiet as he can in case the grey shark finds out.

I have also contacted that same fellow thats selling them asking for more information but he has never got back to me.
So thats one of the reasons I asked if anyone on the forum has used one. :cool:

Hi guys,Im interested in FlexiCone to so please give feedback if someone managed to test it .

Thank you

Yeh mate iv used one ,works well for fine gold but not for long , firstly electrocuted my mate 3 times ,the cone fell out of it, and then motor burnt out,he bought it and soon as I seen it I thought looks like a modified fairy floss machine, did a bit of websearch and found the larger 10k one looked exactly like the Indian industrial spin dryers selling cheap as , dont waste your money he is a dodgy Russian ]:D

Widey303 said:
Yeh mate iv used one ,works well for fine gold but not for long , firstly electrocuted my mate 3 times ,the cone fell out of it, and then motor burnt out,he bought it and soon as I seen it I thought looks like a modified fairy floss machine, did a bit of websearch and found the larger 10k one looked exactly like the Indian industrial spin dryers selling cheap as , dont waste your money he is a dodgy Russian ]:D

If its who i think the guy is Russian , he was caught dredging the Loddon River a few times , he was selling portable dredges on ebay for years that fell apart and he was selling small versions of those concentrators on ebay too , the first ones looked like they used a plastic rubbish bin for the outer shell then he stepped it up and used stainless steel tubes.

He had alot of complaints against him on ebay.

There is also a copy of the Knudsen Bowl being made in WA , they quote $ 9500 for theirs but i dont know if it uses the injected fluid bed in the riffles or non hydraulic only.

The Russian dude i wouldnt trust with 2 cents.

I would look at this from the reverse.....what mesh size are you classifying to? What kind of water are you running? What size gold are you trying to capture? What sort of TPH are you running?

The answer will be pretty straight forward.....knudson if your running recirc water and if you have plenty of clean water and your chasing smalls then a Nelson will do the best job.

Goldtalk Leonora said:
I would look at this from the reverse.....what mesh size are you classifying to? What kind of water are you running? What size gold are you trying to capture? What sort of TPH are you running?

The answer will be pretty straight forward.....knudson if your running recirc water and if you have plenty of clean water and your chasing smalls then a Nelson will do the best job.

do you know who the bloke is in WA that is making the Knudson copies ?

Some people quote $ 35,000 for a genuine one

CreviceSucker said:
Goldtalk Leonora said:

The bloke in WA that makes the knudson copies advertises them on the mining graveyard site under processing and then click Concentrators and jigs
l see them advertised for 9500 + gst ?

Gregupnorth said:
CreviceSucker said:
Goldtalk Leonora said:

The bloke in WA that makes the knudson copies advertises them on the mining graveyard site under processing and then click Concentrators and jigs
l see them advertised for 9500 + gst ?

Yeah thanks Greg i saw their website and spoke to staff last week , Mining Graveyard couldnt tell me if the Knudson copies have air fluid bed or not so i was hoping to talk to the horse rather than the horse trader.

Reality is if the WA guy is not using fluid / hydraulic bed then he is making "Nelson Concentrators"

Goldtalk Leonora said:

Gday Goldtalk
I am waiting for a new lease approval for a tailings operation where ideally I would like to be pushing through 20 TPA
And screening it down to 4mm so there will about 10 TPA going through the Concentrator .
The water feed will mostly recirc for the main feed and if got a knelson I would looking at having the counter pressure fed via a bore.
While I am waiting and jumping through the hoops to get the lease granted I have got my hands on a rota sluice and a knudson which I could start with before upgrading to a knelson type concentrator
I believe the knudson operates at about 5 TPH
There is a 30 inch knelson in a auction in Kal at the moment but its to big for me
Really looking for a 12 or a 20 inch but They are hard to find.
Cheers Greg :cool:

Latest posts