South Australia Teetulpa area

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LORD

Jay
Reaction score
Going to try and give the area North of Yunta a detect, teetulpa goldfeilds for some subgrammers and waukaringa hotel ruins area for a coin or 2.
Sure this area has been done to death but not a heap of options here in SA.
Anyone have success here in the past? Any tips :p
I am awear of the active claims and so the spots to stear clear off.
Will keep you posted :Y:

Good luck with finding a spot, Teetulpa as you said claims everywere else, Havilah resources bought the station that it all sits on to keep people out, used to be called four brothers station. Waukaringa id be getting land owner permission, was reports from a well known mine inspector that old cocky was letting off shots back in the mid 2000s, to keep people away from mines and ruins, most of these people had access as well via the EL holder, all are on the same owners property. Only place to detect in SA are the designated areas, until there is a change to land access. NT is the place to go even closer for you, thats were im heading in May if all goes to plan this year. Cheers Noel.

I have the stations permission to be on teetulpa, yeah four brothers homestead is still there but been bought out.

I agree intestate is the best for some yellow but hoping to get some closer to home for the odd overnighter, keep the spark alive

Managed to score 8 small pieces, one was the specci which I smashed out.
Most of the diggings appear to be on leases unfortunately but theres plenty of quartz hills in between which would hold some bigger peices I reckon with more time to explore.
Was just over 2 grams total, found 1 with the GM in some trashy area and rest with the Zed

1579728461_20200121_205214.jpg

1579728512_20200121_205323.jpg

Stopped in Yunta a couple of times on the way to and the way back to WA via Broken Hill.
Not much in town apart from the service station.
Manna Hill was another place that we stopped to take a look around knowing it was some how connected to an historic gold area.

Pretty sparce dry country out that way.

Your 'specci' appears to be an alluvial nugget in calcrete or conglomerate, so you might do well to study the geology of the locality where you picked it up.

Some pretty gold mate, had no idea there was more than one place in SA to find it.

Best of luck out there.

Grubstake said:
Your 'specci' appears to be an alluvial nugget in calcrete or conglomerate, so you might do well to study the geology of the locality where you picked it up.

Yep spot on, didn't know if it was still called calcrete here in SA but it's hard enough that needs a whack with the back of the pick to break up but not as hard as rock.
Almost like sandstone conglomerates.
Think area needs a bit more of a look but wont get a chance for quiet a while, it's over 5 hours drive for me unfortunately and have a busy first half of this year.

Another angle, always special finding them in my home state, wont part with my SA gold :Y:

1579742694_20200120_171101-1862x3830.jpg

Wow, beautiful, nice pieces!
Do I have to buy permission to detect in South Australia Teetulpa area?
Please let me know guys where can I get it from?
Thanks, Jack.

Good LORD, nice pics! I'm new at this but have a friend that's been going out for years, mainly in NT though. He has a place up that way (towards Teetulpa) and did go up there with someone else but he doesn't have a good sense of direction. He told me he didn't think he was in the right place?? Anyway, thinking of going up with him for a look (with maps) and wondering, can you give me the contact details of the current land owners? Would be greatly appreciated, thanks Dreamnugget.

As long as it hasn't changed I contacted Mount Victor Station, owned by jumbuck pastoral via Email.

Coincidentally I re emailed them last week about visiting again and have had no response.

If anybody can confirm the contact would be appreciated.

I don't think that they are too keen anymore for giving permission mate.
I rang Jumbuck back when I got my permission ,and I was put through to Jock, the GM... he was a nice bloke and gave me the number of the Mt. Victor station.
Things have changed a bit since then, and they are not even contemplating it .
It's probably got something to do with public liability. :N:

I talk to him about 6 mths back and it was no go, dont quote me but the mine leases r in receivership i think too, so there a bit of grey area all over it ,there just to many people coming and going to keep a lid on it

OzzieAu said:
I rang Jumbuck back when I got my permission ,and I was put through to Jock, the GM... he was a nice bloke and gave me the number of the Mt. Victor station.

We are members of APLA (Australian Prospectors and Leaseholders Association) and included in the membership is $20,000,000 liability cover. It might make the difference to getting access where that's an issue.

Moneybox said:
OzzieAu said:

We are members of APLA (Australian Prospectors and Leaseholders Association) and included in the membership is $20,000,000 liability cover. It might make the difference to getting access where that's an issue.
APLA is the Amalgamated Prospectors & Leaseholders Association of WA.
Unfortunately their public liability cover doesn't extend outside of WA.
APLA: "Members using this policy may use hand held tools only when prospecting, including loaming, and are only covered within Western Australia."
It's a pity this couldn't be offered Australia wide thru the network of other state associations & clubs.

I have the stations permission to be on teetulpa, yeah four brothers homestead is still there but been bought out.

I agree intestate is the best for some yellow but hoping to get some closer to home for the odd overnighter, keep the spark alive
Hi Lord , I’m very new to this site , but I’m going back into the Teetulpa - four brothers area again , in the next 2-4 weeks & was wondering if you have any update on getting entry into the Teetulpa field . I’ve seen & read entries on Teetulpa since way back, (2007) , and it’s sure had a weird past in regards getting access , the leasehold areas , etc etc …. If you had a phone number for mount victor station , that would be fantastic … my email address is on the system ([Mod edit: For member security, personal contact details must not be shown on the forum]) …. Thanks & regards Les Katy

Last edited by a moderator:
Managed to score 8 small pieces, one was the specci which I smashed out.
Most of the diggings appear to be on leases unfortunately but theres plenty of quartz hills in between which would hold some bigger peices I reckon with more time to explore.
Was just over 2 grams total, found 1 with the GM in some trashy area and rest with the Zed

1579728461_20200121_205214.jpg

1579728512_20200121_205323.jpg
Those quartz hills intrigue me …. But I’ll need access , and I’ve heard it’s no longer four brothers , ( don’t know who) …. Nice specky … this Field had 3-4 thou diggers on it for years , & I’m still,interested in it