You are not logged in.

• Register to access all forum features  

Tathradj
14 January 2020 06:38 pm

Sorry about that. sad
we got a bit of a problem up here. fire

A couple of HiBankers inc. accessories, , QED, 4500, SDC2300, Gt1600,
Aldi, A Prado 4x4, A'Van Cruiseliner and a heck of a lot of determination.
Most importantly, A lot of Good Honest Friends. Maybe one day Lucky.

2 users like this post: aussiefarmer, LoneWolf

Danny13
15 January 2020 02:18 am

mbasko wrote:

Reg you realise Reddit is just another social media platform (glorified forum)? Opinion pieces & topics mainly that are voted up/down by members. Peer reviewed I guess lol
Most would put the ABC & SBS as left leaning in the majority of their reporting. Some would say the ABC & SBS are so left they are getting towards partisan?
Not sure if you're having a go at people for cherry picking to back their opinion but your own links are doing the same just on a different leaning opinion?
Quoting the ABC & The Guardian on climate change as fact argh

How would you know between left and right Mbasko?

GPX5000, CTX3030, Sovereign GT garrett pointer, harness.

1 user likes this post: OldGT

mbasko
15 January 2020 07:47 am

1579034755_images.jpeg.jpg
thumbsup
I'll see if I can find one to help you tell the difference between your ass & your elbow lol

Everything we use comes from mining or farming.

8 users like this post: OldGT, madtuna, Retirement Stone, LoneWolf, Gem in I, aussiefarmer, sand surfer, nucopia

thedigger
15 January 2020 07:47 am

Your could cut the smoke with a knife,here at Ballarat this morning.

XIV
15 January 2020 07:58 am

1579035350_img_20200115_074132.jpg
Longford gas plant this morning
They say, if you can't see 1.5km
The air quality is deemed hazardous.
We can hardly see 300m.

One can never be wrong at doing the right thing.

5 users like this post: LoneWolf, aussiefarmer, sand surfer, PabloP, Flowerpot

Reg Wilson
15 January 2020 09:47 am

There is a problem with the thinking of people who have 'extreme' views and who dwell some distance from 'center'. They suffer from the illusion that they actually occupy the middle ground, and therefore their perception of right or left is corrupted.
From their distorted observations, they can brand those with different opinions as being radicals, greenies, 'leftards', or from the other side, capitalists, far right, fascists, etc.
Common sense will usually prevail in that band in the middle.

Walmer Central Victoria
Began detecting 1979 Best colour 3Kgs Best patch 340 ozs.

1 user likes this post: Hard Luck

aussiefarmer
15 January 2020 12:33 pm

Im a realist so which way does that send me ? Personally i would call me a Aussie bushman.

Wish in one hand and poo in the other , See which one fills up first !

2 users like this post: sand surfer, BigWave

Reg Wilson
15 January 2020 12:50 pm

The image one has of ones self is not necessarily shared by others. Realism is a matter of personal perception.

Walmer Central Victoria

4 users like this post: sulphide, aussiefarmer, Hard Luck, robmoto

sand surfer
15 January 2020 01:29 pm

I am a realist also ,and i would call my self a bush aussie ,but every one calls me grumpy so what side are all the grumpy's on

AT PRO international,1 pick ,1 pelican pick,shovel,sieve's,pans, 8" gold rat dream mat river sluice,crazy crusher,elbow grease and a back that scream's don't do it

2 users like this post: aussiefarmer, robmoto

nucopia
15 January 2020 06:36 pm

If you hate a person, you hate something in him that is part yourself. What isn’t part ourselves doesn’t disturb us. – Hermann Hesse

Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves. – Carl Jung

every day is an adventure
NAPFA Member

4 users like this post: aussiefarmer, Hard Luck, sand surfer, EVIE/BEE

aussiefarmer
15 January 2020 06:39 pm

Reg Wilson wrote:

The image one has of ones self is not necessarily shared by others. Realism is a matter of personal perception.

This is why we are all telling the truth , because we are happy with our own personal perception, therefore our worlds revolve around our our beliefs.
Self doubt is the fast road to insanity.
I am glad we dont all agree because having the masses brainwashed to either end of the spectrum is an unhealthy democracy and would bring the end to mankind very quickly.

Being able to accept there are truths in both sides of a debate is the nobal road and keeping the words working for the debate subject is the key , as soon as you take or make a personal attack the chances of educating the other side on the merits of your arguement are lost for ever.

Over education can also be a hindrance as "experts" opinions are always partly built on their personal beliefs , over analysing any subject can blindfold anyone to the obvious, here in the bush we have a saying , "That blokes so smart that he is dumb" basically translated means the more letters that follow their name the less likely they can enjoy the small things in life , like playing in mud or or switching your thoughts off for half a day alone in the bush.
They may be able to calculate the formular to give the precise preasure needed to flatten a hamburger patty, but wouldnt have a clue how to light the bbq.

9 users like this post: nucopia, BigWave, LoneWolf, robmoto, Heatho, Gem in I, EVIE/BEE, Retirement Stone, Billy

Reg Wilson
15 January 2020 07:00 pm

Nucopia, well said. I may dislike some people and what they stand for, but I draw the line at hatred, as hatred is a cancer that eats the perpetrator.

Walmer Central Victoria

2 users like this post: nucopia, thedigger

BigWave
15 January 2020 07:16 pm

I've always liked your posts aussiefarmer.
You seem to be a voice of reason, even though you have a tough lifestyle.
Also appreciate your humour big_smile
Keep it up thumbsup

Last edited by BigWave (15 January 2020 07:17 pm)

GPX-4500 & Direction Finding Daughter

10 users like this post: nucopia, LoneWolf, RM Outback, aussiefarmer, Manpa, CreviceSucker, thedigger, Tathradj, sand surfer, Billy

aussiefarmer
15 January 2020 09:19 pm

My lifestyle beats the ship out being stuck in traffic, then trapped in a office, then stuck in traffic again to get home.
Farming has enough rewards to outway the hardships.

16 users like this post: Manpa, CreviceSucker, Flowerpot, thedigger, BigWave, Tathradj, Heatho, XIV, sand surfer, madtuna, LoneWolf, RM Outback, Swinging & digging, robmoto, Billy, goody2shoes

sand surfer
16 January 2020 02:45 pm

Agree aussifarmer, who kneed's traffic i hate having to go to town

AT PRO international,1 pick ,1 pelican pick,shovel,sieve's,pans, 8" gold rat dream mat river sluice,crazy crusher,elbow grease and a back that scream's don't do it

2 users like this post: LoneWolf, EVIE/BEE

LoneWolf
16 January 2020 03:04 pm

Wish I could get out of the Traffic... Every Day my travel time takes longer and longer... I long for the day I head Bush... hmm

LW...

Growing Old is Inevitable.... Growing Up is Optional.... Prospectors United Will Never Be Defeated

2 users like this post: sand surfer, goody2shoes

sand surfer
16 January 2020 03:29 pm

I live about 15km from town LW and some days that's to close

2 users like this post: LoneWolf, RM Outback

2lateagain
16 January 2020 03:53 pm

I ventured out yesterday for the first time in 4 weeks, went to just south of Wollongong to pick up a stump grinder, trip took just over 3 hours and struck the normal idiots that decide to overtake another vehicle and do so while traveling about .5 kmh faster than the one being overtaken what ever speed the one being overtaken is doing, so it takes many kms to get past and if there is a hill involved we are there for it seems like hours waiting for them to complete the maneuver, and then the holiday makers with the bits strapped on the roof and trailer with the covers flapping and bits inside the trailer just waiting for a bump so they can fall out. awful awful

Had a Police vehicle overtake us, they were over the speed limit by about 10kmh and sat in the right lane for the 20 odd kms that we were behind and could see in the distance, we may have been a smidgen over the limit also, but we used the left lane unless trying to overtake. Hopefully that is my trip until something else urgent is needed. argh argh

Graham

Of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most.

4 users like this post: LoneWolf, RM Outback, goody2shoes, sand surfer

nucopia
16 January 2020 06:20 pm

Big storm hitting Wellington area right now ,thunder, lightning and its bucketing down.. cloudy
Hope the Mookerwara gets a bucketing as well perfect

every day is an adventure
NAPFA Member

2 users like this post: RM Outback, LoneWolf

Martin
16 January 2020 07:06 pm

Same as Richmond/Windsor area, big storm coming in. Rained most of last night! cool

It's coming from the Blue Mountains so it should be raining where the fires are.

Last edited by Martin (16 January 2020 07:07 pm)

Gear: Minelab CTX 3030 and PRO-FIND 25 Pinpointer
www.mineralcollectiononline.com - My Minerals, Fossils and Collectables website

4 users like this post: RM Outback, goody2shoes, LoneWolf, Wishfull

CreviceSucker
16 January 2020 11:40 pm

2lateagain wrote:

I ventured out yesterday for the first time in 4 weeks, went to just south of Wollongong to pick up a stump grinder, trip took just over 3 hours and struck the normal idiots that decide to overtake another vehicle and do so while traveling about .5 kmh faster than the one being overtaken what ever speed the one being overtaken is doing, so it takes many kms to get past and if there is a hill involved we are there for it seems like hours waiting for them to complete the maneuver, :

Graham

There is probably a psychological term used by police to describe the phenomenon.

You can be on a highway with a 110 km speed limit , driving in the left lane and you come up behind someone doing 95.

You indicate and try to overtake them in the right lane but when you get level with them they speed up to 110 k’s

They don’t do it deliberately , it’s just a psychological trigger when they see someone overtaking they check their speedo and say “oh I am only doing 95 in a 110 zone , so they speed up to 110 so you are stuck next to them in the right lane and you have the choice of speeding up to pass them , slowing down with traffic up your ass so you can change back to the left lane again , or scream obscenities at them them over a 400 watt bullhorn .

I favour the bullhorn.

7 users like this post: Ded Driver, goody2shoes, 2lateagain, robmoto, nucopia, Gem in I, LoneWolf

Gem in I
Yesterday 01:44 pm

Testosterone has been said to play a part in that even without being aware consciously. (psychological trigger)

Some times I come across drivers wanting to overtake without exceeding the speed limit.
My understanding is it's o.k. to exceed the speed limit while overtaking on single lane roads with broken lines ?

Last edited by Gem in I (Yesterday 01:46 pm)

Patience is a learnt thing. Learnt it, sold it. Bought DETERMINATION.
sdc 2300, Willoughby's, sieves and a Zombie 7000

LoneWolf
Yesterday 03:00 pm

No its not... The speed limit is the maximum speed you can go... But We all do it, just to get around the slower car...

LW...

Growing Old is Inevitable.... Growing Up is Optional.... Prospectors United Will Never Be Defeated

1 user likes this post: robmoto

aussiefarmer
Yesterday 03:40 pm

If its a matter of saftey you cant be booked, say your half way past and a car appears on the horizon.

1 user likes this post: LoneWolf

Contact Us - Privacy Policy - Terms Of Service

View Desktop Site