Newbie from western sydney

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi I am new to the site and fossicking..
Looking for day trips or weekend trips away with my 12 year old son and to hopefully find something of interest..
I will bring a generator and jackhammer and a couple pans and hand tools..
Would like to go away with some more experienced member/members and shown the ropes.. :pickshovel:

G'day Quaspak welcome to PA like nucopia says get up your 10 post's :Y: as for the Jack hammer to my knowledge their illegal in every state when it comes to protecting under the permit/Miner's Right system.

RM Outback said:
G'day Quaspak welcome to PA like nucopia says get up your 10 post's :Y: as for the Jack hammer to my knowledge their illegal in every state when it comes to protecting under the permit/Miner's Right system.
Spot on RM. Hand tools only.shovels, pick etc, but no powered tools. Victoria has the most liberal rules in the country around processing, but even here its hand digging. You could fire up a trommel the size of a semi trailer down here in Vic but you have to load by hand. NSW resources will set out your obligations on their website. Good luck Quaspak. :perfect:

Latest posts