Bushfire charities

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jaros said:
The Fed gov't has just given 2 billion dollars towards the bushfire recovery appeal.

If it is so, I would like to know where and to whom it is allocated, just to audit that it is getting to the families on the ground
in a timely manner.

Builders are going to dry up, schools will be quiet, business will be hard to survive and worst of all families
to get out from under the shock of the loss and start to live let alone rebuild.

:/

Lets hope a plan to get things moving is in place.

;)

Jaros said:
The Fed gov't has just given 2 billion dollars towards the bushfire recovery appeal.
just watching that on the news Jaros
very good, but its not going to charity appeal(s), but rather a new Bushfire Recovery Agency of the Fed Gov.
The BRA is then to administer that to the states

Most if not all charities including churches are LEGAL.
The problem is people don't understand the distribution statement "All profits go to XXX".

Jaros said:
PabloP.are you sure it's not Blaze Aid?

No it was not BlazeAid in this case. This was to the Foodbank in Melbourne for distribution. As said I have done many weeks with BlazeAid in several states, but in this case as I am stuck at home for a while, I was a volunteer for a charity, that was donating food from other sources. I hope to get back to BlazeAid work in a few weeks time.

Rob P.

Ded Driver said:
borrowing a link from ShakerGT's 'Thank a Firey Day' thread.
(hope that's ok Shaker? And thanks.)
this is another way to contribute. As it explains "All profits from each sale go directly back to volunteer fire brigades in the state or territory of purchase".
http://thankyoufireys.org/merchandise.html

I know there are some very caring people out there running good charities but I don't know how you pick between them. As you posted "ALL PROFITS" go to the volunteer fire brigades. That could very well be a significant % of money collected but it might be very little. The people running these charities or scams are under no obligation to disclose how much of the donated funds make it to the intended recipient.

Moneybox, what I'm hoping for in this thread is for people to speak up if they know from experience that any particular charity is either good or bad (& not just hearsay)
I seen on the news tonight a segment about scammers setting up 'Go-Fund-Me' pages. Ive been steering clear of GO-Fund-Me for exactly this reason

You requested comment -
I would just like to say please don't rubbish The Salvation Army.
It is the responsibility of the Incident Controller at the 'Staging Area' who determines who and what organisations attend and provide services there.
Most of the Salvos are volunteers and many give up work to be able to attend and assist others during times like these.
They were probably 'cranky' because they had been called to attend by their chain of Command (on request by the Incident Controller) and had already invested in time, resources and finances to attend and on arrival they find they were not needed due to other organisations already committed to a set task. (Communication goes a long way).

Treadsoftly said:
You requested comment -
I would just like to say please don't rubbish The Salvation Army.
It is the responsibility of the Incident Controller at the 'Staging Area' who determines who and what organisations attend and provide services there.
Most of the Salvos are volunteers and many give up work to be able to attend and assist others during times like these.
They were probably 'cranky' because they had been called to attend by their chain of Command (on request by the Incident Controller) and had already invested in time, resources and finances to attend and on arrival they find they were not needed due to other organisations already committed to a set task. (Communication goes a long way).

I'll rubbish anyone who is obnoxious down right rude and only interested in their investment in circumstances that are challenging or otherwise. And they did not leave quite the opposite they demanded we pack up which we did. In my original post regarding the Salvo's I made comments regarding a persons behaviour that it's my belief the person responsible was more than likely acting outside the Salvo's vision statement and their behaviour didn't do anything to help the Salvo's cause/reputation. I for one support the Salvo's and in the past have been a recipient of their generosity and support.

Ded Driver said:
borrowing a link from ShakerGT's 'Thank a Firey Day' thread.
(hope that's ok Shaker? And thanks.)
this is another way to contribute. As it explains "All profits from each sale go directly back to volunteer fire brigades in the state or territory of purchase".
http://thankyoufireys.org/merchandise.html

Fine with me.

Here's what Kate and I are up to today building a part order of 300 padlocks for Blazeaid trailers (3 on each trailer) I've got 90 to do today while I wait for the balance of stock to come in. Kate's slowing me down she's not a very good apprentice :| :lol: she gets on a roll and says how well she's doing them stuffs up and slows the whole process :argh: I'm already busy enough 8.(
1580619376_img_20200202_154551.jpg

If anyone knows of people looking for a project to help out those affected by the fires Blazeaid is seeking as many volunteers as possible. Blazeaid is starting up 100 new bases from Kangaroo Island and other part's of SA through Victoria NSW and QLD so if you or anyone else can help Blazeaid will welcome you/ everyone with open arms.
https://blazeaid.com.au/

Latest posts