Silly question but..

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi peeps, silly question, but is it a waste of time detecting beaches where the public rarely go? Cheers, Luke.

Smoky bandit said:
I detect beach that nobody goes to anymore.
But hundreds camped and swam there in the early 1900s.
Always worth a look.
Yea...nice. That's the answer I wanted cheers smoky :D
Got a msg from AusPost before saying my nox is coming today giggety giggety. So excited (and nervous for some reason) don't really know what to do first :lol: :lol:

mineallmine said:
Smoky bandit said:
I detect beach that nobody goes to anymore.
But hundreds camped and swam there in the early 1900s.
Always worth a look.
Yea...nice. That's the answer I wanted cheers smoky :D
Got a msg from AusPost before saying my nox is coming today giggety giggety. So excited (and nervous for some reason) don't really know what to do first :lol: :lol:

Easy to use and pays for itself in no time at all. Hit all beaches.. :Y:

I feel like I've crammed my brain with too many YouTube vids on how to operate the nox! Looking forward to just turning it on and swinging for now, hopefully learning quickly as I go. There's no better way to learn than doing I guess.. :playful:

mineallmine said:
I feel like I've crammed my brain with too many YouTube vids on how to operate the nox! Looking forward to just turning it on and swinging for now, hopefully learning quickly as I go. There's no better way to learn than doing I guess.. :playful:

Met a couple with a brand new out of the box nox 800..nothing set up meant they were swinging for luck... Gotta set it up right...

Pick a mode ....Do a noise cancel and start swinging...That's all you need to do with the Nox .You don't even need to ground balance it in park or field modes.
Once you get familiar with the settings then you can customize a mode with tones /discrimination /iron bias/ recovery speed to suit your personal detecting style. :) :Y:

Smoky bandit said:
Pick a mode ....Do a noise cancel and start swinging...That's all you need to do with the Nox .You don't even need to ground balance it in park or field modes.
Once you get familiar with the settings then you can customize a mode with tones /discrimination /iron bias/ recovery speed to suit your personal detecting style. :) :Y:
I think I just needed to hear that. :D

AussieChris said:
Curious, should he update the firmware?
I feel I have neglected my Nox of late, hot weather and ground as hard as calcrete makes swinging a chore.
Curious, if I did want/need to how do I update firmware? Cheers

I don't think it's the amount of people that matter, more that there's potential for items to be trapped. Then any drops would be recoverable

A big open beach with deep sand and few people would be pot luck, but a small beach with a rock line or some other feature would be worth a go. Less people detecting these areas is also a plus

You may find some coins or metal debris there, but anyway this walk will cheer you up. When my friends and I get bored and want to go for a walk on the beaches, we do it. You look for coins and clean the beach from all kinds of metal trash, everyone wins.