Coiltek 9" Elite coil information

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone been running the coiltek 9 inch in the gpx4500 with any success or is it a coil more suited to the gpx 5000 with fine gold timing?

Dizzzy,
Don't have a 9'' , currently use the 14'' which is a great coil on the 45.
The 14'' is a bit susceptible to emi as the weather heats up.
I would assume the 9'' would be less affected.
I switch back to the Commander 11'' when the Coiltek gets too noisy.
Staples

Cool thanks Staples, im finding my 12 x 8 evo is killing it on same settings so will stick with the evo. Just after an option if my sdc has a melt down

Hi All

Just wondering what others experience has been with this 9 inch coil as Ive found mine very noisy and bump sensitive.
So just wondering if this is just how they are because there a very sensitive coil ?.

Thanks

Hi dirtdiggin, I wanted a small flat wound coil so I bought the Coiltek 9 Elite and the Nugget Finder 12x8 Evo coils at the same time to compare them and keep the coil that I was more comfortable using. I really liked the size of that 9" round and really wanted it to work for me but my experience with it was very similar to yours and found I had to run the RX too low for my liking (6 on the 4500) to keep it quiet enough. The 12x8 was more stable with a high RX (9-10) so I sold the Coiltek 9".
I also found the 9" Elite more bump sensitive than the 12x8" Evo.
Not sure if that helps you at all but that was my experience with it.

Love my 9" but i have the same problem, its so bloody bump sensitive, running it on my GPX 4000
Sensitivity is good, but my vintage sadie is a much hotter coil with none of the bump noise.

Elijah said:
Love my 9" but i have the same problem, its so bloody bump sensitive, running it on my GPX 4000
Sensitivity is good, but my vintage sadie is a much hotter coil with none of the bump noise.

Not sure what other coils you have, but see if you can try a 14x9" Evo. They go great on the 4000s. Every bit as sensitive as the Sadie, but covers more ground and goes deeper.

Latest posts