Minelab Pro-Find 35

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi VicGoldHunter,

Re: MineLab Pro Find 35.

It's not you. The profind 35 is extremely sensitive when turned on with full sensitivity. I use mine successfully by using it one notch down from full. Full sensitivity is too sensitive it senses nearly every piece of metal nearby, almost unusable in any extent. Even the detectors shaft or my metal hand tool 10 feet away or in it's pouch.

So when backed off one notch, it works great and doesn't seem to react as badly with hot rocks compared to my old Garret. My old Garrett was going crazy with hot rocks and everything else on every setting and generally found nothing with it when it's slightly deep. Found it was ok in shallow finds, but deeper finds were disappointing. The pro find 35 a lot better at actually pin pointing the real target and not the surrounding 'slightly hot' rocks even. The best finds with the Garrett was coins. Found some great sterling's around the Ballarat area as well as a "Red Coats" soldiers tunic button. But then i lost the tunic button with the journey home :( .

Hope this helps. In full sensitivity it reads everything in the ground and gives the appearance of being random. One notch back, your done. You will know when it's full sensitivity with the + key, when it sounds off that it's set to maximum.

I am also interested to hear others experience with theirs. I especially love the full waterproofing. Dropped it in the creek, no problems. Dropped my old Garrett....became unusable completely until i took it home, since it water logged the speaker. There is a newer Garrett but I'll stick to my 35 for now.

Best of luck with it.

BTW i will investigate the warranty fix as stated, ill post results when done.

Ok, new update to this one. The profind 35 is in for repair. Now just waiting to get it back, so it will take a short time over the Christmas period. I'll post the results when done.

DetectorMan said:
Hi VicGoldHunter,

Re: MineLab Pro Find 35.

It's not you. The profind 35 is extremely sensitive when turned on with full sensitivity. I use mine successfully by using it one notch down from full. Full sensitivity is too sensitive it senses nearly every piece of metal nearby, almost unusable in any extent. Even the detectors shaft or my metal hand tool 10 feet away or in it's pouch.

So when backed off one notch, it works great and doesn't seem to react as badly with hot rocks compared to my old Garret. My old Garrett was going crazy with hot rocks and everything else on every setting and generally found nothing with it when it's slightly deep. Found it was ok in shallow finds, but deeper finds were disappointing. The pro find 35 a lot better at actually pin pointing the real target and not the surrounding 'slightly hot' rocks even. The best finds with the Garrett was coins. Found some great sterling's around the Ballarat area as well as a "Red Coats" soldiers tunic button. But then i lost the tunic button with the journey home :( .

Hope this helps. In full sensitivity it reads everything in the ground and gives the appearance of being random. One notch back, your done. You will know when it's full sensitivity with the + key, when it sounds off that it's set to maximum.

I am also interested to hear others experience with theirs. I especially love the full waterproofing. Dropped it in the creek, no problems. Dropped my old Garrett....became unusable completely until i took it home, since it water logged the speaker. There is a newer Garrett but I'll stick to my 35 for now.

Best of luck with it.

BTW i will investigate the warranty fix as stated, ill post results when done.

I have to disagree completely.
Sensitivity on max setting is very useful and if it reacts the way you claim, then you have a fault.
There is no way in hell it will pick up metal from 10 feet away, that is nonsense.

So if anyone is having issues with their 35, just take it back and it will get sorted.

Regards
Rick

I purchased 35 from Anaconda Sep 2019. My gpz goes crazy when I switch the 35 on. Should i have thw 35 on when I do the start up noise cancel?

MaitlandMeroo said:
How much better is the 35 than the old Profind 25 ?

Was wondering the same. Shame there's no comparison videos with coins buried at different depths etc with the new and old pro finds.

Might get the new PF35 in a couple weeks.

oysters66 said:
I purchased 35 from Anaconda Sep 2019. My gpz goes crazy when I switch the 35 on. Should i have thw 35 on when I do the start up noise cancel?
It also has the same issue as descibed in previous posts. Will start the warranty process :argh:

Martin said:
MaitlandMeroo said:
How much better is the 35 than the old Profind 25 ?

Was wondering the same. Shame there's no comparison videos with coins buried at different depths etc with the new and old pro finds.

Might get the new PF35 in a couple weeks.

I did a review and had about 5 or 6 different pin pointers including the PF 35 PF15 and PF25. Personally I liked the PF25 for general work but also knew it well after a few years of use.

In the review I did only air tests - sad. But I also did field shape testing so that you could see the differences in the actual shape of the fields AND the PF25 was more of a candle shape unlike a balloon for the PF35/15. This helps if you are trying to be accurate re size and location when doing a neat recovery with min ground disturbance.

Also found that to run the PF35 on the beach you have to GB and lower sensitivity - hard to do when your snorkeling. Thus many other better options for beach work. Latest Deteknix Dive unit and or the Notka Pulse dive - both PI and USB chargeable = No more 9v batteries and work well on beaches and in the water.

The PF35 excelled on small gold compared with all the others.

However after having 3 PF35's fail over 12 months all with cracking - my last one is rarely used and only out bush. It also suffered falsing etc but after fixing the poor solder joints from the ferite rod to the cct board - that is no longer a problem. But the PF35 is not my go to.

I own a PF 25 and 35. Like AM, I find the 25 to be more reliable. Maybe its simplicity means that less can go wrong compared to the 35. I only bought the 35 to use in the water. It's also bloody noisy on start up - sounds like a cocky screeching!

Ok, finally an update. After a big hell of a warranty problem with the outlet (anaconda) not caring too much, they advised that they (minelab) don't repair the faulty units. So it was swapped over.

I now have the replaced unit and it works at full sensitivity. It is extremely valuable since i don't carry a vlf detector when using the pi detector, i use the pro find 35 to determine whether there is any iron. It discriminates well and reliably. It will only tell you it's iron if it's certain. I have done some tests with mixed metals. Works superbly. So when it's alerting to iron, it's definitely iron. Saves you from having to dig any further and simply re cover the hole. I have discovered plenty of rust and wire this way, especially when lodged in deep with a weak signal initially, but the pro find just saves a lot of hassle.

Seems as though there are quite a few faults with the 35. I hope they resolve this in future releases.

Despite all, Anaconda's replacement works!. It works at full strength Once you have found the item in the hole and dug down, you can lower sensitivity around mineralised rocks and it improves again.

I will post durability reports in the field over the next 2 weeks hopefully, including bringing it to beach work with vlf detector.

Just received my replacement from Minelab with shipping note stating 'known fault'. Pity they didn't recall all the units with 'known fault' from their retailers, might of saved everybody a lot of hassle and postage costs.

Ok, New Update. My 35 is experiencing the same issues again, when using it in full high setting. Will begin warranty process again. This time i will contact ML and see what they can do for me, without revisiting the local Anaconda where i got mine from. They are reluctant to help there and simply just like replacing them. Since it's a batch issue (based on above postings) i think ML might be able to help out better.
I'll post an update as soon as i can.
P.S: When the thing works, it works well.

Do your research before buying a Pro find 35. Very expensive and has issues,

My comment in relation to the above YouTube below:

Youre kidding me. I thought that it was me! Same issues. There is nothing in the instruction about ground balancing (I just checked and the instructions are the same). I could hold it in the middle of the air and it would go off constantly. I could be 3km away from a road, let alone overhead powerlines. I would have to set it on the minimum to stop the beeps. What is the point of that? I would get a signal with the GPX and then use the pin pointer. I have chased signals with the 35, then nothing. Have I missed good gold or did I waste my time searching for something that wasnt there? We all know that we pay for the Minelab name but we accept that (the technology has been around for years and I could build one for under $20) and that they are way overprices for what you get. Thats the norm these days and I accept that but I at least, I expected it to work as stated. I dont know what you have in your state but in NSW Its Fair trading. Im going to complain to them and you should too. Thats just plan false and misleading which is illegal and they need to be held accountable.

Wanted to replace my old one but time after time the new ones keep getting the same feedback. Took forever for a mate to get refunded via Anaconda.

yep, my 35 behaves exactly the same and I couldn't agree more.. why are the Minelab Pro Find manuals not outlining all this?

I need to double check I didn't throw out my 25. Had I known all this, then I never would have unnecessarily bought another Pro Find!!!

Smoky bandit said:
Had mine over a year and it gets alot of use.
Can't fault it yet. :Y:

You got a good one

Had one, never again. First one lasted less than 2 months of medium use. The replacement lasted less than 3 weeks. The battery that came with it wasn't even flat. Got a different brand.

After saying that, Nenad of Phase Technical is THE BEST. Number one Shop, and man, on my very short list of Peeps to buy from.

Latest posts