Goldpick's 2019 XP Deus finds

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally received my Christmas present today, looks like I will need to do an update straight up as the backlight only has one brightness setting. Just need to get some aptx bluetooth headphones and I should be set, also have to get used to Minelab's id range over the usual 0-99 as on the rest of my detectors. Will be interesting to see how many targets it can pull from my relic sites that have previously been detected by the Deus - both detectors should compliment each other and cover all bases in the field.

1578050976_img_20200103_122650.jpg

1578050996_img_20200103_122719.jpg

1578051017_img_20200103_122820.jpg

Ship of fools said:
If you and a few others got together and wrote a book on how to research, I would certainly want a copy!
Matt T

Some of it is down to blind luck, whilst other leads can come from people I meet, historical societies, google earth, and researching old parish maps. Testing random sites can also be hit and miss, though when they do prove to be holding good finds you may end up on ground that has never seen a detector before.

Persistence and patience also has a big role to play, can't think of how many times I spent fruitless hours detecting a site, only to find that bucket lister coin in the last hour of detecting. I often think that if I had simply given up early on in the day, I never would have had that coin in my hand and most likely discounted the site as being cleaned out.

The main thing is to have a positive attitude and simply enjoy the moment, any finds made are a bonus and reward for the effort put in.

Anyway, good luck to everyone for 2020, I hope the year brings you some excellent finds. :D

Latest posts