Hard Rock Gold mining in Zimbabwe Africa

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello guys l am based in Sydney l would like to start a small scale gold mine in Zimbabwe. l have 100 hacter claim with geology reports .the mine samples shows 15 to 20grams per ton. my question is do you think this is a profitable mine. I bought 5tph Gold processing plant Hopper, belt conveyer,15 ton ore bin, jaw crusher, hammer mill, ball mill, x2 shaking tables, X2 centrifuges. And other things. Will be employing 15 workers.
Do you think this is a profitable mine plan?
Please let me know

Geez mates if you don't want to help it's better to shut up seriously am new to these thing l need your constructive feedback not scam that sh*t some of you are saying. am Tranna do something positive just because l sayed Africa doesn't mean everyone is a scammer,.l mean l spend over $235k so far just buying a processing plant and excavators etc was thinking of setting up Leaching tanks as well l found this site l thought l could get some ideas on what to do not negativity.if you don't have anything to say please go fight bush fires we really need positive voluntees.
:(

Retirement Stone said:
You scammers are unrelenting.

Your enquiry is that full of flaws it's laughable.

I am so disallusioned with humanity that we have to resort to these tactics to survive.

Now off you go and try the Butterfly appreciation forum :mad:

Cool thanks mate you must be super experienced with these things someone good will instead show me the right path not attack my question Even if it sounds a bit stupid to you. Am not talking about buying a GPx 7000 and detect nuggets no am talking about investing my own money over $600k then l come here am asking for more ideas what to do and what not to do to be more successful into gold mining

You say your new to this but you have bought all the right gear and spent 235k. Hired 15 workers and you will potentially invested over 600k.
But then you ask if 15 to 20 grams a ton will be profitable.
Simple math....You can't blame us for thinking it all sounds Doddgy.

Smoky bandit said:
You say your new to this but you have bought all the right gear and spent 235k. Hired 15 workers and you will potentially invested over 600k.
But then you ask if 15 to 20 grams a ton will be profitable.
Simple math....You can't blame us for thinking it all sounds Doddgy.

Sorry mate maybe l asked the wrong question

Most members would be prospectors whos activities fall in the hobby catagory, and the few miners here would be small scale region based operations within Australia.

Therefore it makes it difficult to provide definitive answers and guidance.

There are many variables that would need to be accounted for within the operation that may bear little or no resemblance to your proposed operation such as mining regulations and rehabilitation responsibilities, workplace health and safety, operational costs, geographic constraints, royalties, etc.

All that can be said for sure is the gold price is strong in the current times and so mining operations have a good chance to make returns if operated correctly.

Im often dubious of "test" results, theres so many variables involved. But for the sake of giving an opinion, ignoring every other factor, the results you have stated are quite positive.

Gemdynasty, along with others I query a man who has forked out a substantial amount of money, THEN asks for advice if we think the operation would be profitable!
Did you do your research/due diligence BEFORE paying out said sum of money??
If you have then you would already know the answer.
If you haven't then you are probably already way way up :poop: creek!

DED

travelergold said:
Ok, first question to ask yourself, in Zimbabwe have you got 0ermission to mine on your lease? And safety wise how many guards have you employed?

Thanks mate yes l have 100 hecters fully registered and licensed.l don't have any guards yet will definitely have some.

OldGT said:
Most members would be prospectors whos activities fall in the hobby catagory, and the few miners here would be small scale region based operations within Australia.

Therefore it makes it difficult to provide definitive answers and guidance.

There are many variables that would need to be accounted for within the operation that may bear little or no resemblance to your proposed operation such as mining regulations and rehabilitation responsibilities, workplace health and safety, operational costs, geographic constraints, royalties, etc.

All that can be said for sure is the gold price is strong in the current times and so mining operations have a good chance to make returns if operated correctly.

Im often dubious of "test" results, theres so many variables involved. But for the sake of giving an opinion, ignoring every other factor, the results you have stated are quite positive.

Thank you so much mate

There are many more inputs than just 15-20grams/tonne to know if you'll be profitable.
Reserve/resource size
Costs/tonne - mine type, strip ratio, capital/equipment/infrastructure, haulage, fuel/electricity, water, maintenance, wages, local royalties/taxes, fees/licences etc. etc. 💰

Other things to think about:
Available skills - equipment maintenance/repair, mining experience/knowledge
Corruption - rife in areas of Africa
Political/Sovereign risk - regulatory changes, changes to royalties/taxes, foreign ownership policies/changes, political unrest 🔥
Environmental - local conditions/regulations (Zimbabwe in major drought now), Licence to Operate/Social licence - local acceptance of operation etc.

mbasko said:
There are many more inputs than just 15-20grams/tonne to know if you'll be profitable.
Reserve/resource size :goldnugget:
Costs/tonne - mine type, strip ratio, capital/equipment/infrastructure, haulage, fuel/electricity, water, maintenance, wages, local royalties/taxes, fees/licences etc. etc.

Other things to think about:
Available skills - equipment maintenance/repair, mining experience/knowledge
Corruption - rife in areas of Africa
Political/Sovereign risk - regulatory changes, changes to royalties/taxes, foreign ownership policies/changes, political unrest :fire:
Environmental - local conditions/regulations (Zimbabwe in major drought now), Licence to Operate/Social licence - local acceptance of operation etc.

Fantastic awesome this is what l was looking for mate you're a legend thank you so much there is so much information you brought here now am aware am going to start working on it now.l am still learning on the way so thank you so much for that. There is definitely so much staff that needs to be done by the looks of it.

I hope your 15 to 20 gms /tonne is not a bogus geo report either ,otherwise you'll have been scammed :eek:

This is an interesting read,
So make sure u build a smelter and regester everything, if ur mining the government will likely require a % of ownership in ur mine so they can see ur books , you cant be sending out of the country tax free now can you,

Keep in mind zim is running at 550% inflation, fuel and oil will be a issue for you,

Ive been in mines in Africa for years,

Make sure you build a weight bridge at ur mine for when the fuel truck dose come. You want to no exactly how much in and out, Ive found chopped up beds lead weights all sorts in the tanks. Funny till the volumes dont add up at the other end, the truck was fine when it left the station, HEANCE U pay for missing fuel and repair,

Hope u no what ur in for,

TIA

1580298509_3ac55a8a-cdba-40b4-b4b4-75506949319c.jpg

Gives you an idea, spend 14 bucks to protect 3 , ?