Pump buggy

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From what I saw on the news up north NSW a lot of the water that was dropped on the canopy fires evaporated from the heat before it could do any good, the planes with the retardant in may have worked, that was not mentioned. I would forget about the canopy and just work on the stuff you can reach from a safe distance as even undergrowth is going to put out a fair bit of heat, spot fires and buildings is what I would be looking to attend to and somewhere safe to go when necessary, as mentioned previously we have scuba gear in a 'safe' building, it will also help when the smoke is thick and we need some fresh air. We went with the fire outfit and helmet, if it is good enough for the fire fighters, then it must be of some assistance to me also.

Graham

After a test run, and running a bit of length of hose, my concerns of it not performing as wished where soon gone after blowing off camloc fittings and turning blue lay flat into what was like a green garden soaker hose! Pin holes everywhere. And it was in near new condition.
Ended up throwing a few meters of blue away!
The red lay flat handled it fine.
My opion is if you want to pump distance or height, look for a pump that has a good pumping height capacity. Rather than volume alone with a poor lift capacity.
And invest the extra $ and buy the red lay flat hose.