Minelab Equinox 800 tips and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MetalDetectDave said:
so i bit the bullet and ordered the equinox 800 .

Hello

I have been doing quite a bit of research on the subject.

There are so many different machines to choose from.

To be honest, I have found it confusing and overwhelming and the different opinions has nearly put me off as being all-a-bit-too-hard-for-my-brain-to-cope-with!

So I have decided to just bite the bullet too

I have also decided to get a MineLab Equinox 800, as it seems to be a good all round machine, that will be easier for a beginner to use.

I can always upgrade later if the hobby turns into an obsession

:D

Cherub said:
MetalDetectDave said:
so i bit the bullet and ordered the equinox 800 .

Hello

I have been doing quite a bit of research on the subject.

There are so many different machines to choose from.

To be honest, I have found it confusing and overwhelming and the different opinions has nearly put me off as being all-a-bit-too-hard-for-my-brain-to-cope-with!

So I have decided to just bite the bullet too

I have also decided to get a MineLab Equinox 800, as it seems to be a good all round machine, that will be easier for a beginner to use.

I can always upgrade later if the hobby turns into an obsession

:D
upgrade to what its one of the best machines on the market other brands have great results to but the 800 is in the top 4-5 machines on the market

Understanding the FE rejection functions is key.
I've found a lot of very oxidised $2 coins lately that some would think were junk giving negative signals all over the place.

Now if they can invent a detector that can reject aluminium!

Perth Tim said:
I've found a lot of very oxidised $2 coins lately that some would think were junk giving negative signals all over the place.
not likely. note how close Aluminium is to Gold on the conductivity scale, plus there are other variables at play
1577666522_metal_conductivity_chart.jpg

Ded Driver said:
Perth Tim said:
not likely. note how close Aluminium is to Gold on the conductivity scale, plus there are other variables at play
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...12692/1577666522_metal_conductivity_chart.jpg
Maybe with better signal processing they will get there, it'd certainly sell a lot of detectors

Nice gold Leth,

What state were they in? Don't need to know your exact spot!

Cheers,
Troutman

Sorry I have only Ben a member for a short while but WHAT are you talking about I am full time dectorist but what I see here is sometimes not quite right 8 years detecting in various areas made good I love fact people keep on diggin DIG til. U drop people luv yous all

I've got the 15 inch coil and it's finding everything that's deeper, more than the 11 inch - What is the advantage of a 6 inch coil as I've seen some negatives for getting it?
:goldnugget: :goldnugget: 8.( want to find my retirement fund but stuck in SA so doesn't pay for fuel.....

I've got the 15 inch coil and it's finding everything that's deeper, more than the 11 inch - What is the advantage of a 6 inch coil as I've seen some negatives for getting it?
gold-nugget gold-nugget cry want to find my retirement fund but stuck in SA so doesn't pay for fuel.....

From my own experience in the GT the 6" coil was exceptionally better in the heavy mineralised ground and scrappy areas. The noise reduction was by far the biggest advantage for me, there is a hell of a lot less chatter and when i did get a signal i was more confident i had an actual target. The reduced background noise meant i could bump up the sensitivity slightly higher than i would have if i was running the 11" coil. I did also notice just with my own personal ground tests on a few smaller pieces of gold that i had previously found that the 6" coil could pick up smaller pieces anywhere from 2-4 inches than with the 11" standard coil.

Personally i think if you want to make sure you dont miss those smaller pieces the 6" coil is well worth buying!

Happy Hunting :Y:

BG

Hi all, only new to this forum. I am after some honest answers in regards to sterlings for gold on the equinox 800. Factory settings are a little too easy for the ground I am trying to hunt on. Can anyone share their settings for gold?

Ardosa01 said:
Hi all, only new to this forum. I am after some honest answers in regards to sterlings for gold on the equinox 800. Factory settings are a little too easy for the ground I am trying to hunt on. Can anyone share their settings for gold?

How much experience do you have on this or other detectors?
What settings have you tried?
What are the problems you are experiencing?

Latest posts