NSW Highbanking - what is the current state of play?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree Mudgee Hunter.

At election time we (the people of Australia) expect the elected reps to act on behalf of US (the majority) Not to pander to leftist minorities (them) we also expect a certain code of conduct ( the pub test) It is unlawful to cheat the electorate by implementing strategies to control every aspect of an electors daily life. Be aware of the electorate (middle australia) at your own political peril

ray :goldnugget: :gemstone: :pickshovel: :fistpump: :power: :100: NO :poop:

I think we have to take the entire blame for this.

Government appears to have an innate desire to fuckkk up something.

We know this well enough by now.

What we should have done is fed their appetite by serving them up a list of things that work perfectly well that we dont actually need so they can fukkkkk them up , and leave alone those things we do need , like air to breathe , water to drink , and access to prospect for gold without doing harm to anyone.

Logical really now i think about it.

Ha CS totally agree with what your saying, but history will repeat itself again and again. Ive been out of the country for only a month and can see it, here in My home town the local politics has change the recycling bins. Only clear plastic bottles. No glass. Thats has to be taken to a drop off point yourself no payment back like other states. So theres nothing going into the recycling bin and everything else in the smaller rubbish bin. So whats going to happen

We will see more rubbish been dumped in the bush which will make them (pollies) close the bush for all.

Had my say. Not going to comment anymore, but next election going to run for a spot and change it

Twas interesting to see the Highbankers and their pumps proudly on display in the back of utes out the front of the Royal Hotel in Hill End on the weekend...... and with plenty of signs of recent use.

They wouldnt have a lease up that way as there is only one active lease in the region and he uses heavy machinery People highbank up there all the time when there is enough water in the Turon. Ive also seen one bloke using a wet and dry vacuum powered by a generator to suck the gravel out of the dry crevices right at the first crossing at Tambaroora.

Didn't NAPFA sort that out?
I thought that the Government admitted that it wasn't law about the ban? or is It still Top Secret... :zzz: And only for NAPFA members eyes...

LW...

1574489772_thtye5gter.jpg

The case for Highbanking in NSW using an electric or fuel powered pump will be determined in the fullness of time...one way or another.There is NO Restriction however in using the highbanker itself.Enterprising fossickers will see that it is still possible to utilise a hand pump...or better still SYPHON to process a good deal of material over the course of a day or two... or even an hour or two.So Yes it is still possible to highbank at Oallen. :p :cool:

Would it be legal to feed a Highbanker in NSW with Water from a Storage Tank?

eg. Pump water into a 200l Drum that is not connected to the HB. Remove pump and hose from Drum.
Then connect Drum to HB using gravity to feed and a tap to only run water when flushing gravel? ie fill hopper then turn on tap .turn off tap fill hopper etc
The processing is not using electrical/Mechanical power. Filling a drum not connected to a HB is not processing? They cant ban motors connected to other devices surely. As long as the pump is in no way connected to th HB at any time ( even via the Drum)I imagine all would be legal.
Better than running buckets or hand pumping water.

Sounds good but Imo your still using the pumped water to run a highbanker. You have just diverted the water..Ring whoever issues your prospecting licence in NSW to get a definite answer.But unfortunately we all know what the answer will be.Good luck.

This thread is not intended to stir up crap, If someone who has researched this can just post links so I can continue reading.

I have been reading up on fossicking rules, my primary concern is the types of tools permitted and more so NOT.
Can someone provide a link to an ACT or Regulation with if possible a link to a section/subsection relating to types of tools permitted or not.

I have read;
A Guide to Fossicking in New South Wales (NSW Government)
http://www.resources.nsw.gov.au/__data/ -Wales.PDF

It provides following acts and regulations as references, with no content on the subject.
Section 12 of the Mining Act 1992 and
Clause 12 of the Mining Regulation 2010

The current 2016 Mining regulation under the 1992 Mining Act also has no reference to the subject;
https://www.legislation.nsw.gov.au/regulations/2016-498.pdf

I have not as yet read the following but if the guide is being interpreted from the below, this would impact many other recreational activities.
Forestry Act 1916
Native Title Act 1993
Fisheries Management Act 1994
National Parks and Wildlife Act 1974
Water Management Act 2000
Protection of the Environment Operations Act 1997

Latest posts