QLD unoccupied crown land definition

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm completely new to fossicking and have a few questions regarding the areas publicly accessible for fossicking (i.e. with a QLD fossicking licence but without any owner written permission). The resources I looked at talk about 'unoccupied land' and I am just wondering where those lands are. I had a look at the statewide land use map from the government and when I look at the classification pdf , most areas are 2.1.0 Grazing native vegetation. Is that what constitutes unoccupied land?

Sorry, I am not yet allowed to post links but if you search for statewide land use map queensland it should come up.
Please help, I'm confused.....

Thanks

Hi ripwaters unoccopied land is crown land, go to the mapping called (georesglobe) and download it, it is qld mapping will have all the information you will need, if it is on any lease/claim off limits got to get permission from lease/claim holder same if it has native title on it off limits

That's right cairnspom ,nothing like the good old qld rule's ,explain it as clear as mud,spoke to a ranger a couple of years ago and he said it refers to crown land, don't know if they have changed it or not.I noticed on the new mapping, that a gazetted road that i use to get to a spot is now a" permit to enter",wondering if it has been sold to the property owner,a bit strange a gazetted road being closed like that

Thanks guys, I will do some more researching....

Is there anyone in or around Cairns running tours for newbies?

sand surfer said:
That's right cairnspom ,nothing like the good old qld rule's ,explain it as clear as mud,spoke to a ranger a couple of years ago and he said it refers to crown land, don't know if they have changed it or not.I noticed on the new mapping, that a gazetted road that i use to get to a spot is now a" permit to enter",wondering if it has been sold to the property owner,a bit strange a gazetted road being closed like that

Sand Surfer - I've looked at the GeoResGlobe mapping link and (obviously I haven't a clue on this let me tell you) that I cannot locate any areas of "crown land" throughout Qld - it all seems to have some lease over it.

Am I looking at this right?

Thanks,

probaly are OurEscape, that georesglobe ,has not worked on my old laptop for about 12 months ,i have got a new one, but haven't been bothered to get dicked around with a state gov site to down load it
I don't know if much has changed or if they have changed the hole thing ,but most of the crown land did have a lease of some sort on it
They should have left it as mines online maps at least it worked