GPZ 7000 ?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've been told that if i want to find gold that other detectorists can't find then i need to buy the GPZ 7000. I've also been told that the GPZ 7000 will pay for its self faster than the other detectors. This is from a bloke who lives in North Western Australia and uses the GPZ 7000. I would be interested in what you blokes think about that before i go and buy my first detector.

hi mate , dont believe everything you are told. the gpz is a wonderful beast which will find deep gold but, you need to walk over the gold , loads of people buy the gpz with the belief they will pay for themselves dont believe it unless you really put in and walk over the gold

cheers
hh

You still have to swing the coil over gold no matter what you use and it is not easy to find. Spending big money on any detector thinking that you are going to make your fortune is foolhardy.

You should first ask yourself what do you want to achieve, do you want to be digging deep holes etc. Your fitness level comes into play as well as your patience. There are many detectors sitting in cupboards and sheds that are rarely used.

Good luck with your decision

Bob

ive had the main three 2300,5000,7000 they all find gold, but some r user freindly than other's yes u spend 9500 grand on 7000 but buy the time u finish buying coils for the 5000 u not far from the 7000 but saying that the 2300( was bit over 3000 grand) is my go to machine for the reason where i grew up and went prospecting it shallow and small but if u got the$$$ i say the 7000 is the way to go with a steelphase enhancer it will find small gold at good depth and big at good depth and fairly user friendly without changing coils but there's aftermarket coils coming (so is xmas) :playful: :playful: :playful: if u want to have a bit more of a chat send a pm because as above to many buying machines then sitting in cupboards or dont have full understanding the limits and capabilities

There is a ton of GPZ bagging on some of the other gold forums:
Finders and the detecting forum, and some from very well known professional Prospectors?
I got one about two months after they came out, be very hard to pay one of on gold finds
if your new to it or only go part time?

The GPZ baggers were saying a while back that there were hoards of people who got GPZs and were not impressed with them? :eek: 8.(
They put them on Ebay & Gumtree and went back to GPX 4500 / 5000???? I recall looking and very rarely seeing one for sale second hand?

Any Minelab PI detector will find gold that one model or another will miss for one reason or another. The secret of finding anything is in the skill to use the detector and knowing where to go, not the model number.

Flatlander said:
ive had the main three 2300,5000,7000 they all find gold, but some r user freindly than other's yes u spend 9500 grand on 7000 but buy the time u finish buying coils for the 5000 u not far from the 7000 but saying that the 2300( was bit over 3000 grand) is my go to machine for the reason where i grew up and went prospecting it shallow and small but if u got the$$$ i say the 7000 is the way to go with a steelphase enhancer it will find small gold at good depth and big at good depth and fairly user friendly without changing coils but there's aftermarket coils coming (so is xmas) :playful: :playful: :playful: if u want to have a bit more of a chat send a pm because as above to many buying machines then sitting in cupboards or dont have full understanding the limits and capabilities

Geez how many coils do you need for a 5000? Three coils will cover most bases.

at a average of 600 bucks for a good NF evo,s machine 5500 grand so up around 7300 mark so u 2 grand under a 7 so whats a ounce of gold between prospectors ,but then when i owned mine 5for several years i had 5 or so that makes it even closer but loved my 5000 (salt switch ,fine gold ) but when i travelled different grounds like i have GT,WA ,NTH QLD , STH COAST NSW, NTH NSW STH QLD finding the right coil was a must to get gold ,but then i used my 5 for relic hunting so there goes the budget again for a couple dd coils but u r right 3 will cover most bases for start. but 1 coil thats finding .2grm last week in tibooburra and 56 gramer 4weeks ago an dont have hassle of changing coil wearing plug end and loose connections the 7 is the go to machine and if u operate a microwave u get u head around a 7 controls , but opinions r like assholes everyone got one so that was mine.... :playful: :playful: :playful: :goldnugget: :goldnugget: :goldnugget:

Good mate of mine splashed out on the 7k when they were released. He is very happy with it and reckons it paid for itself within 6mths.
This is on the same ground that he had detected with his 5k over the years. Reckons the extra depth the 7k can go to makes the difference over the previous models.
Although he goes out every 2nd weekend to detect, so you need to out in the time on ground in order to start recuperating the outlay price, but that's the same for any machine. :cool:

Hi

My mate has a 7000 and never finds anything. He detects next to me (not too close), yet the old 5000 seems to still do the trick nicely for me. I might find 25 pieces of junk and 1 piece of small gold. He finds 15-20 pieces of junk and gives up. I keep on his back and then we swapped units for experimentation. I read the user manual before going out and got the hang of his unit. I tought him the older 5000 ways and he was up and going. After all this, again the results were:

5000:

22 pieces of junk and 2 pieces of small gold.

7000:

i found 31 pieces of junk, 0 gold.

Made me want to swap back at the end of the day, great that the headphones are compatible for hygiene reasons.

I am extremely happy with the 5000. If i had the money for a 7000 where money is no object, i would probably pass on it, since it's so expensive. I use better coils on the 5000.

It's really up to opinions and intuition. There are no independent tests done to check the accuracy of the machines with a scientific basis and even then, they can be paid off or 'sponsored'.

Minelab make great stuff, we just have to take their word for it.

Best of luck!

Some people will never find gold, no matter what machine they have. they have not got the ears or can not be shown how to use, swing the coil ect. We have seen this many times.
Like is said you have to walk over gold first, then understand what your machine is saying to you.

Latest posts