Reasons You May Not Be Finding Anything?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So true Ded. I was telling Mrs Deepseeker only this morning that I wanted to get all the jobs done around the house and in the shop this weekend, as I've been bitten hard by the gold fever since finding that old timers pick buried deep down near Dunolly last weekend.

I want to get away again the weekend after this one coming. She said to me "But it wasn't gold though was it?" What I tried to get into her head though was the fact that it started out as a sweet faint signal coming through the sP01, in ground that hadn't been dug up in a long, long time. And yet, there it was, so if it had have been a big deep mofo gold nugget it would still have been there too. Which means of course there must still be deep missed nuggies out there that either haven't been heard by someone using a modern detector with a good enhancer, or someone couldn't be bothered digging down deep to see if it was only junk. It's a numbers game, and the more signals you dig the more chance you have of finding :goldnugget:

G'day

Most of the deeper targets that I have dug over the years have been rubbish, and I always think to myself at the time that the harder I have to work to get a target out the more likely it is to be rubbish, but there of course have also been deep targets that were really good gold nuggets, so you just have to make yourself do the digging and get that thought out of your mind never walk away until you can see what it is, better to be right than wrong.

There are many variables when it comes to gold and rubbish targets, ground conditions have a lot to do with it as does what the target is made from, as the target signal can also be effected by the halo effect of a nugget or the halo effect of a rusted bit of iron, orientation, depth, multiple targets close together, and the effects on the target by the ground mineralisation itself, so not trying to make it sound more complicated than it already is but there are simply too many factors to consider, quickest method is to just dig everything until you know what it is.

One thing to remember back in the day the old timers would camp right on the gold for obvious reasons, so where you have high concentrations of rubbish is where you will be very likely to also get good gold, the rubbish is s great leveller of detectorists, as it has the effect of scaring away many operators who will beat a retreat after digging several targets for rubbish, but you can also from time to time score a nice piece or two if you have the patience to persist.

cheers

stayyerAU

Madtuners advice is spot on.
You need an experienced trainer to walk with you and help you learn what to liaten for and how to recognise a signal when your machine tells you something is in the ground.
When we visited Madtuner the year before last , he took us out and showed us some places to prospect.
He also walked with us a few times and helped us find our first peice of gold..if he wasnt with us, I am certain we would have missed the signal and walked away.
:Y:

Just dig everything and have fun. Never know what you will find.
Busted my chops today digging this massive hole. The pic doesn't really show how deep it is. Probably about 25 cm.
Just an.. (aherrrrrm) fugget. Got plenty of exercise.

1576405291_20191215_134517.jpg

You said in your post, I don't expect to find any, mate thinking like that is the one and only reason, you have the gear but you don't have the mind. Change the way you think like I WILL find gold and you will see a difference.

300 said:
You said in your post, I don't expect to find any, mate thinking like that is the one and only reason, you have the gear but you don't have the mind. Change the way you think like I WILL find gold and you will see a difference.
Dudes right. I only really started finding good gold when i started thinking "there is gold here, I've just got to find it" and not "im not sure, there might be some here"

Latest posts