Another New Fridge

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well just over a week ago I ordered another new fridge and it arrived on Saturday and so I started to test it out, what I needed was a fridge that can hold enough for a long weekend or a week when it's just me, So I ordered the Dometic CDF 18L This one is 12v-24v only, but that's not an issue because I bought an AC to DC adapter for it, It took me about 24 hours to find the sweet spot On the temperature control, I was wanting 2*c and I got it close enough at 1.8*c, Deep down I knew this one would be the winner when it comes down to battery consumption because Dometic have fitted it with the same Compressor as the ARB 35L, 47L and the 60L so with that amount of power stuffed in to such a compact design it was bound to be a winner,

It's run times on DC vary from 4m 48s to 5m 36s and during the time it's running it is only use about 3.4 Watts, and when the OFF time is added to it's runtime it averages from 2,1w to about 2.5w per hour, OR as little as 0.165 Ah to 0.199 Ah, Over the 24 hour period It used 60.6 Wh OR 4.838 Ah, So doing the maths running off a single 115 Ah Battery down to 50% should keep it fed for about 12 days, So running it off of 3 X 115 Ah batteries should keep it going for well over a month,

At present I am now testing it running off of a 10A AC to DC converter / Adapter So we'll how that pans out by tomorrow night, Then next up I will be seeing how it goes running it off of the Dometic PLB 40 "40 Ah " Lithium Pack, I am really impressed with this CDF 18 because having a single over the Lid type handle means you can carry it like a Cooler and it only weighs about 11kgs, and it holds about 23 Cans of Coke, This is one of those fridges that is a must have item because busting ya guts when you need a fridge on the quick and having to load the car with a big'un is not my idea for fun, The only downside to it is there is no interior light but I can live with that Or without it should I say, But one thing I really love about it is How Quiet it is, I could sleep within 2 foot of this one and sleep all night :inlove: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

I bought the AC to DC converter off of Amazon for around 15.00 OR about $27.00 bucks, Over here Dometic want about 140 bucks for their cheaper one and about $210 for the dearer one and the AC - DC pack turned up today and it looks and feels like a quality unit and worth twice the price I reckon. And I got the little fridge with about 40% Off, I paid 404.00 or $767.60 AUD seeing as they charge $1387.00 AUD for it So I saved about $619.40c, So I reckon I got a good deal, Ay.

Anyways back to the testing, and tomorrow night I will test it on the Dometic PLB 40 Lithium Pack, Can't wait for that One, The fridge and the battery pack combined only weigh 18.6kgs :perfect:

1575411803_dometic_cdf_18.jpg

fridge fetish
/'frij /ft/
noun
noun: fridge fetish; plural noun: fridge fetishes

a form of sexual desire in which gratification is linked to an abnormal degree to a particular kitchen appliance, camping fridge, freezer, etc.
"a man with a fetish for eskys"

madtuna said:
fridge fetish
/'frij /ft/
noun
noun: fridge fetish; plural noun: fridge fetishes

a form of sexual desire in which gratification is linked to an abnormal degree to a particular kitchen appliance, camping fridge, freezer, etc.
"a man with a fetish for eskys"

LOL, I dunno about that coz I give em away when Once I've tested them, :Y:

Jaros said:
Just think if he lived in Alaska he would have a shed full of heaters!!

It was -5 here last night, and that was only the 2nd day of Winter, I could test a few out :playful: :playful:

I got a heap of cold weather Gear Too But I can't test that until after Christmas in order to find some where Cold enough. :) :)

condor22 said:
RR FYI

The Waeco 18lt is about $530 AUD here.

Yeah I can believe it too, They screw you over Over here, I bid on a Coil on ebay and won the winning bid the Coil was in the US, My Bid was 65 bucks USD plus postage and when it got here this GOV charged me Import Duties on it and also Import Duty on the Postage I Paid to the US Government and then I had to Pay the UK Post Office money to deliver it, Bloody thing ended up costing Me over 200 Bucks in the end,

Ridge Runner said:
Jaros said:

It was -5 here last night, and that was only the 2nd day of Winter, I could test a few out :playful: :playful:

I got a heap of cold weather Gear Too But I can't test that until after Christmas in order to find some where Cold enough. :) :)

Good on ya Jaros,cant wait for the heater tests,RR you could get a room up to 40c testing the heaters then test the fridges simulating ozzy summer temps to some degree.......

Friend of the wife in Oz, knitted a really nice jumper as a present for her son in the UK. When she parceled, she noted the item and put the value at $150. When he got it, he had to pay VAT to get it from the P.O.

What she should have done was put NCV in the value area :) No Commercial Value. = No VAT

Goldchaser1 said:
Ridge Runner said:
Jaros said:

Good on ya Jaros,cant wait for the heater tests,RR you could get a room up to 40c testing the heaters then test the fridges simulating ozzy summer temps to some degree.......

I'm On It Mate, Got 3 turning next week, If I cover me self in Chip fat I might even get a Suntan out of it LOL, :Y: :playful: :playful: :playful:

Crikey, It was 11.4* in here when I got up this morning. and a family of Penguins have taken over the Bath room, 7.8* in there

jeeez think I will forget about that place until the Sun comes up. :8 :8 :poop: :eek: :eek: :( :( :( :( :(

Ok, Running the CDF 18L via my New cheap AC to DC converter the Fridge used a grand total of 101 watts which is the lowest I have ever seen from any fridge running on AC,

Exactly 6 minutes ago I started running the CDF 18 from the PLB 40 / 40Ah Battery pack, I am going to run it for 24hrs and check the SOC via it's built in LCD display and then I will check it at 48 hrs and then I will let it do it's thing until it gets down to 30% and if it can go deeper then so be it, Fingers crossed I hope it goes the distance being Lithium etc.

J.

Bugger! my second pic was deleted....now it's like telling a joke but leaving out the punchline :/

okay... here's one...

Q: How do you know which bloke is RR at the caravanning and camping show?

A: He's the dude loitering at the ARB stand with a boner!

:D

madtuna said:
Bugger! my second pic was deleted....now it's like telling a joke but leaving out the punchline :/

okay... here's one...

Q: How do you know which bloke is RR at the caravanning and camping show?

A: He's the dude loitering at the ARB stand with a boner!

:D

In trouble again Ay ?? Go and Stand By The Naughty Wall, come and see me after Class. :mad: :mad:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I got more of their gear than they have, Down side of that Is they have got more of my Money than I have, 8.(

Latest posts