Something i didnt expect to find here in W.A but always wanted to find

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys, dug this beauty yesterday! Its in really good condition just dirty. Dated 1855 this is a traders token. Quite a rare one too going by my research. I put it in a little case as is , no cleaning and just dirty. Couple on ebay for quite a bit of case. Do you all reccoment leaving as is or get someone that knows thier stuff to clean it?
Is it worth getting graded etc?
Untitled by Marc Russo, on Flickr

Marc, to get it accurately graded it would need at least a light clean, but extreme care should be taken.
never never never put valuable coins in a tumbler ...never!
you could use a soft toothbrush with a small amount of toothpaste with plenty of water. Dont leave any paste on it tho'. give it a real good rinse.

Ded Driver said:
Marc, to get it accurately graded it would need at least a light clean, but extreme care should be taken.
never never never put valuable coins in a tumbler ...never!
you could use a soft toothbrush with a small amount of toothpaste with plenty of water. Dont leave any paste on it tho'. give it a real good rinse.
Cheers mate , yep no tumbling for this one. I have a soft tooth bruch and i will do that after work very carefully and rince really well

Hi Marc,
If you intend to get it graded leave it as it is, otherwise the grading company will not grade it only return it to you as cleaned. Most grading companies will restore coins and token at a cost that doesn't affect grading. Great find well done.
cheers db

Latest posts