Banned
Banned
29 November 2019 04:44 pm

I bet the dog ate your homework too.

mudgee hunter
29 November 2019 04:45 pm

perfect
Nice rig!

Last edited by mudgee hunter (29 November 2019 04:48 pm)

mudgee hunter
29 November 2019 04:50 pm

246 posts of poop
Nothing has changed!
Yes it has! 248 now!

Last edited by mudgee hunter (29 November 2019 05:06 pm)

1 user likes this post: 7.62marksman

mudgee hunter
29 November 2019 05:10 pm

Gimp wrote:

I bet the dog ate your homework too.

That the best you have got!
That's soooo lame lol

mudgee hunter
29 November 2019 05:12 pm

Colour&Shape wrote:

Nice little pump Rig Mudgee....saves carrying it eh...
This is my lil rig...and yep im in NE Victoria fyi lol
perfect

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com.au … g_3441.jpg

Some are VERY JEALOUS, ENVY IS A SAD THING!

7.62marksman
29 November 2019 05:19 pm

i wish i had one like that
NOT that i would use it in NSW
but would be good to take to VIC next time i am down that way
oh well i will just have to stay with the other 4 i have
playful playful playful playful

Highbanker, Sluice, Trommel, Gold Monster 1000 (Khaleesi), Garrett Ace 400i (Rhaegal), Go-Find 40 (Nymeria), Non Turbo 2.8lt Hilux (Turtle), NAPFA member ----Even a broken clock is right twice a day

2 users like this post: mudgee hunter, LoneWolf

Gunter1
30 November 2019 01:24 pm

Nice rig colour and Mudgee , all your need now is a 4 wheeler and a tow bar !

2 users like this post: mudgee hunter, Colour&Shape

Gunter1
30 November 2019 01:26 pm

Oh and dear grump , I mean gimp , sorry ( bloody autocorrect ) just showing a photo of a gun
Doesn’t mean you’ve shot someone ! Talk about jumping to conclusions

1 user likes this post: mudgee hunter

mudgee hunter
03 December 2019 12:50 am

1575294615_images.jpg
Gimp lol

CreviceSucker
04 December 2019 09:50 pm

For anyone thinking of building a fire pump for the farm / home , I found these nozzles on flea bay , best ones I have ever used and cheap at $ 50 , I get 18 metres range with it from my Honda Twin Impellor Firefighter pump .

They only have a 3/4” BSP thread but I have 1” hose on mine

They look very similar to an Akron nozzle which retails for a thousand bucks or so.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/FIRE-HOSE-N … SwxR1dxOB2

1575456616_ecd641d0-5ba6-4848-b477-4ee4e2e64330.jpg

3 users like this post: mudgee hunter, LoneWolf, goody2shoes

CreviceSucker
04 December 2019 09:59 pm

2lateagain wrote:

A bit like you are, we have spent the last few days trying to sort out our fire fighting gear. Felt that we had it all sorted over the years with water and pumps and hoses, but as the dam is now down a fair way on previous years the hose that was good when the dam was full now only reaches in a short distance in and is too close to the bottom, so have to put on an extension to get to the middle, also found that the pumps weigh a lot more this year, made up a quick trolley out of an old golf cart as we only have a short distance to get to the dam and have 2 pumps to move, always like a backup just in case.

Have spent a lot of money (for us) on 2 X 50 meter hole reels as I got sick of the hoses laying around and then having to carry them and then they want to tangle and twist when trying to run them out, also invested in the proper fire fighting helmet and clothing for both of us and a couple of led head lamps to save us tripping over things during the dark. The hose reels will always be in place on posts, one facing to the south and the other to the north so we can cover sheds and house without having to drag hoses from one area to another. Have generators to run the underground system as it is assumed that the power will go down very quickly. Also have scuba gear put away in a safe place just in case things get a bit more hairy and 2 way radios, not that they were of any assistance during the 2001 fires. Think we are a bit better prepared this year. hmm hmm hmm

Graham

Love your work Graham.

Permanent hose reels and underground pipe work is awesome , as is the roof sprinklers.

My next home will have a 12 or 24 volt water pump and solar panels with backup batteries dedicated just to the water pump which will feed the roof sprinklers from an underground water tank , that way we don’t have the risk of power going off or water mains losing pressure.

The roof Sprinklers can run themselves while we address any spot fires.

3 users like this post: mudgee hunter, LoneWolf, goody2shoes

mudgee hunter
Yesterday 12:27 am

On the subject of fires... it doesn't hurt to put a smoke alarm in the man hole into your roof cavity. A simple 100mm hole in it, with a 120mm disc spaced 20mm down. (For audio hearing)
A fire in your roof is probably the worst place to have one, little or no warning at night , as it's generally too late and hard to put out.

4 users like this post: 7.62marksman, LoneWolf, CreviceSucker, goody2shoes

CreviceSucker
Yesterday 11:39 pm

2lateagain wrote:

A bit like you are, we have spent the last few days trying to sort out our fire fighting gear. Felt that we had it all sorted over the years with water and pumps and hoses, but as the dam is now down a fair way on previous years the hose that was good when the dam was full now only reaches in a short distance in and is too close to the bottom, so have to put on an extension to get to the middle, also found that the pumps weigh a lot more this year, made up a quick trolley out of an old golf cart as we only have a short distance to get to the dam and have 2 pumps to move, always like a backup just in case.

Have spent a lot of money (for us) on 2 X 50 meter hole reels as I got sick of the hoses laying around and then having to carry them and then they want to tangle and twist when trying to run them out, also invested in the proper fire fighting helmet and clothing for both of us and a couple of led head lamps to save us tripping over things during the dark. The hose reels will always be in place on posts, one facing to the south and the other to the north so we can cover sheds and house without having to drag hoses from one area to another. Have generators to run the underground system as it is assumed that the power will go down very quickly. Also have scuba gear put away in a safe place just in case things get a bit more hairy and 2 way radios, not that they were of any assistance during the 2001 fires. Think we are a bit better prepared this year. hmm hmm hmm

Graham

Graham , what diameter hose is on those 50 metre reels ? And are you using that 5 horsepower pump in that photo in your first post ?

I wanted to get maximum water jet distance on ours so I have short 15 metre and 30 metre hose lengths to reduce pressure drop on a 6.5 horsepower Honda pump and I get 18 metres of water jet measured from the nozzle.

Did you measure how far the water jet will reach with your setup ?

Ours is mounted on the back of a 4.5 tonne Ute with 2000 litres of water tank so hopefully we can drive close to the flareups and treat them as they move.

1 user likes this post: goody2shoes

Contact Us - Privacy Policy - Terms Of Service

View Desktop Site