You are not logged in.

• Register to access all forum features  

Wheremuhgoldat
26 November 2019 09:07 am

We have a new video uploaded and ready to go. In this one we try out our new crevicing tools that we bought from Prospecting Australia's own Sandbagger!

We are newbies to the hobby and are going to document our progress (or lack thereof) on YouTube smile

4 users like this post: Mike501, Billy, Ded Driver, MegsyB007

nucopia
26 November 2019 09:41 am

Enjoy watching your videos , it’s obvious from your videos that you guys really enjoy your selves and its great to watch. clap
Please keep making and sharing your experiences !
perfect

Last edited by nucopia (26 November 2019 09:45 am)

every day is an adventure
NAPFA Member

4 users like this post: Wheremuhgoldat, Panny McGee, sand surfer, Goldpin Prospecting

Wheremuhgoldat
26 November 2019 12:22 pm

nucopia wrote:

Enjoy watching your videos , it’s obvious from your videos that you guys really enjoy your selves and its great to watch. clap
Please keep making and sharing your experiences !
perfect

Thanks nucopia, we love getting out and giving it a go smile

As you know every day is an adventure and we are just happy that we get to share our experiences with each other and you lot as well.

Thank you heaps for the kind words, it was really nice that you took the time to comment smile

We are newbies to the hobby and are going to document our progress (or lack thereof) on YouTube smile

3 users like this post: nucopia, Mirrors, sand surfer

sand surfer
26 November 2019 05:21 pm

just watched your new video ,good to see you still having fun fossicking and enjoying the new toys,good bit of bedrock you have got there, hope you get to clean it all out smile not someone else cry keep making the videos and we will keep watching them thumbsup beer beer

AT PRO international,1 pick ,1 pelican pick,shovel,sieve's,pans, 8" gold rat dream mat river sluice,crazy crusher,elbow grease and a back that scream's don't do it

2 users like this post: Wheremuhgoldat, Panny McGee

Punter101
27 November 2019 09:15 pm

Hey guys, well done on the videos, I first saw one of your videos a couple of weeks ago when searching Slaty creek and have watched most of what you've got out there since then.

I love the enthusiasm, the way you're just getting right in and giving it a red-hot go.

We all need to learn along the way, and I for one think you're doing it the right way. Full of fun, adventure, discovery and, when required or offered, you gain tips from the more experienced prospectors.

I'm surprised I haven't bumped into the 2 of you yet, I recognise alot of the areas of the creek you prospect in and have myself been up there a fair bit over the last few months.

Keep it up!

By the way, how's the flow in Slaty at the moment?
I'm considering heading up there on Friday.
Enough flow for an 8 inch sluice maybe?

2 users like this post: Wheremuhgoldat, Panny McGee

Wheremuhgoldat
28 November 2019 12:22 am

sand surfer wrote:

just watched your new video ,good to see you still having fun fossicking and enjoying the new toys,good bit of bedrock you have got there, hope you get to clean it all out smile not someone else cry keep making the videos and we will keep watching them thumbsup beer beer

Hey Surfer,

We managed to get a good amount done but the last time we were out there a guy came over and said a few words then left. He was carrying a pan and a very long screwdriver so I feel like our secrets out.

Oh well, onto the next one! We have been doing a bit of scouting but havent had much luck because we need a 4WD to really get into the good gullys.

We may have found a good place today and hopefully we can get out this weekend to give it a crack smile

2 users like this post: Ded Driver, sand surfer

Wheremuhgoldat
28 November 2019 12:36 am

Punter101 wrote:

Hey guys, well done on the videos, I first saw one of your videos a couple of weeks ago when searching Slaty creek and have watched most of what you've got out there since then.

I love the enthusiasm, the way you're just getting right in and giving it a red-hot go.

We all need to learn along the way, and I for one think you're doing it the right way. Full of fun, adventure, discovery and, when required or offered, you gain tips from the more experienced prospectors.

I'm surprised I haven't bumped into the 2 of you yet, I recognise alot of the areas of the creek you prospect in and have myself been up there a fair bit over the last few months.

Keep it up!

By the way, how's the flow in Slaty at the moment?
I'm considering heading up there on Friday.
Enough flow for an 8 inch sluice maybe?

Hello Punter!

You really seem to get it, Dunky and I are actually having the time of our lives adventuring and discovering new skills. When we get completely stuck we reach out to the prospecting community and get help. I know we make a lot of mistakes but we are slowly getting somewhere and with each video we seem to be getting more gold and more consistently gold-nugget

Please if you do see us come over for a chat, we used to be able to offer a tea or coffee but we dont want to be lighting fires in this weather.

We were at the creek today and man the water has dropped a fair bit since last week. If you have a hunt around and set up a dam there are definitely still some places you could break out the 8 inch sluice. Best of luck, let us know how you go this Friday!

1 user likes this post: sulphide

Punter101
01 December 2019 12:57 pm

Well I got out to the creek with my son on Friday, and hell yeah it had dropped ALOT since I was there a couple of weeks back. We got stuck into some crevicing in a semi-ok looking spot and got a couple of nice chunky little pieces (one picker and 4 or 5 about half that size). Nice solid gold though! Big smiles from my boy coz the picker came from his scratchings.... lucky bugger!!

I got my boy busy with moving rocks around to give the sluice a go and ran a bucket through it. It juuuuuust had enough flow to run, but very little gold from the bucket I put through it, so back to crevicing we went. There's a big bit of bedrock that was very very close to moving and then the rain came in and we gave it a miss, but next time I'm back that damn big rock with nice cracks either side WILL move I tell ya!!!

We bumped into a bloke walking down the creek who looked all set to go, had all the gear and looked like he knew what he was doing etc, but said he had not found a single speck! I though 'not a speck' in Slaty creek!?!?... I thought if I can find it regularly, surely everyone can.... obviously not, or I guess it just wasn't his day.

Anyway, keep it up guys, I'll stop n say g'day if I wander past, oh and when's the next adventure up on youtube?

1 user likes this post: Wheremuhgoldat

Wheremuhgoldat
02 December 2019 09:01 pm

Hey Punter, sounds like your little bloke could show us all how to crevice properly! From what you said it looks like he had a ripper of a day.

That big chunk of bedrock is aching to be moved, you two should get on it as soon as possible. How dare it just sit there hoarding gold like that!

Next video might be a little while as we spent last week scouting new areas and not finding amazing spots. I spent hours on Geovic looking and dragged us both out into the middle of nowhere for a few measly specks. It certainly wouldnt have been an entertaining video of me getting steadily more depressed as the shiny kept escaping me.

I will be out again sometime this week on my own before we get another video done at the end of this week. So at best two vids soon, at worst maybe one.

Let us know whats behind that big bugger rock, I reckon it could be a nugget bigger than your head gold-nugget

Punter101
04 December 2019 11:31 pm

Geovic is great and time well spent, but man hours can disappear on that site can't they!

I never really thought what it's like to be trying to make a video only to find bugger all.... mind you, I hope you're still filming anyway coz you never know what's going to show up in the next pan!

I was up at Creswick yesterday, poking around in another creek and found a couple of nice crevices for 7 or 8 decent bits of the shiny stuff, it was a perfect quiet day in the bush!

I left that bigger bit of bedrock for when my son is with me again... he'd never talk to me again if I moved it alone and there was a nice little family of pickers under there!

1 user likes this post: Wheremuhgoldat

Contact Us - Privacy Policy - Terms Of Service

View Desktop Site