Wanted crevice pump

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought I would follow the directions in the first link and try to make the pump.
So off to Bunning this afternoon to return some left over kitchen tiles from the reno and get store credit.
That sorted , I had $121 credit to play with bought a few items we need for the reno, which left me with $71 for the pump parts.

I thought I would also get a Tradeflame TF/ULTRA blowtorch ($46 )and trade flame yellow gas bottle($15 ) but bugger me they had the gas bottles but didn't have the blow torch on the shelf and when I asked them to check the stock list on the PC , it showed they should have 10 available in store ???
Strange but any way back on the bucket list for later and off I went to the plumbing section to start picking out the items listed in the pump instructions, before the store closed.

1- 50mm 20 mm reducer HP (High Pressure) couldnt find this part.
2- 50mm coupler HP. Couldnt find this part..
3- 50 mm x 88 Connecter DWR (grey sewer pipe).. available.
4- 1m x 50mm Pipe ..available..
5- 25 mm T piece... available
6- 25 mm threaded cap and threaded connector DWR - couldnt find.
7- 50 mm threaded cap and threaded connector DWR - couldnt find.
8- 15 mm 20mm connector (NOPE ) and 15 mm x 1m length of PVC ..yep ..
Buggar decided not to buy any parts until I can go home and go to my local store and buy everything at the one time.

Disapointing but :poop: happens

Hit our local bunnings on the way home and bought a matgas bottle, tradeflame blowtorch and the parts for the crevice pump.
Took me about 20 minutes to put it together (not glued) and give it a test.
Works ok but the old rubber thong I cut out for the plunger is not as good as I hoped.
Will have to look at tweeking the plunger before glueing every thing together .

Here it is ..
1574670781_ef13ed1b-39e4-460a-8690-d6db729e2e8c.jpg

:/

That is true nucopia ..

I swapped some fishing lures for a yabby pump...

Plus bought a crevices tool to fit on the end of it...

But would like to set it up so I can pump in to a bucket...

Goody

Im scratching my head.
I cut an old thong to use as the plunger aeal, worked for a bit then shate itself.
Does any one have a good idea for what I can use instead.
I tried a thing peice of thong rubber between 2 plastic washers but that was over kill .
Created so much suction, it wouldnt allow me to pull the plunger out :8

Try steel washers with 2-3 thong washers in between. I used some shocker washers, big area and small hole. You have to wear it in a bit. I have valves on mine so I can pump into the sluice.

1575023425_p1010468-optimized.jpg

Used the outlet of a sink, cut it down and used some 1mm rubber for the flange. Bolt in the middle; simple valve screw into 50mm pipe .

nucopia said:
Im scratching my head.
I tried a thing piece of thong rubber between 2 plastic washers but that was over kill .
Created so much suction, it wouldn't allow me to pull the plunger out :8
How about drilling a few small holes in the outer sleeve at the top.
That will relieve the internal pressures above the thong washer.
I've seen that done.

I think a might have it sorted BW
Changed the thong rubber today for some foam rubber from bunnings, which I can compress between two washes, using a bolt and wing nut.
Looks like it might do the trick. Tested at home and gets good suction the litmus test will be how it goes in the crevecis and cracks out bush..
fingers crossed :perfect:

Status
Not open for further replies.