GPZ Shutting Down?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi KM, how's the Z performing after minelab sussed it out.
Seems to be a few people with little bugs that keep poppin up with the machine.
Thinking of selling 4500 and sdc to buy the Z, but seems quite a few are having pain in the but problems with the Z.

I went all the way to Kalgoorlie only to have the GPZ continually turn itself on and off. Once or twice it stayed on but it would not go through the ground balance with the ferrite.
Has anyone else had this or heard of a fix?
Its only the second time I have used it after buying it from a forum member. The first time it didn't do it !!
Lucky I had the 5000 also.
Thanks in advance for any help.
GT :argh:

Ded Driver said:
geeez GT, tiz a good thing you had a backup :Y:
for the cost of a GPZ, it just aint funny to travel away & then have it not work! :N:

Your not wrong DD. Once I jumped back on the 5000 I was much happier and in control.
Im sure its nothing if not just lack of experience with the Z. Ill have it checked out.

GT :Y:

goldtruck59 said:
I went all the way to Kalgoorlie only to have the GPZ continually turn itself on and off. Once or twice it stayed on but it would not go through the ground balance with the ferrite.
Its only the second time I have used it after buying it from a forum member. The first time it didn't do it !!

Mine did this for a few times. Then the control box died. Minelab was great. They couldn't find the fault or a reasoning for it but replaced with a brand new control box. Great service as always.

hAyyoUinAU said:
goldtruck59 said:

Mine did this for a few times. Then the control box died. Minelab was great. They couldn't find the fault or a reasoning for it but replaced with a brand new control box. Great service as always.

I have arranged to take into Minelab in Bendigo next week. They have a tech there that does the Minelab warranty work.

GT :)

KIM-MARGARET said:
Put the 14 inch coil back on it started straight up and we let it run for 10 minutes or so, changed back to the 19 and it started and ran, mind you the detector was only on the bench.
i have to ask..... :eek:

unless you are looking for Lochart treasured sov's , why do you want a Z on the beach ?

ctxkid said:
KIM-MARGARET said:
Put the 14 inch coil back on it started straight up and we let it run for 10 minutes or so, changed back to the 19 and it started and ran, mind you the detector was only on the bench.
i have to ask..... :eek:

unless you are looking for Lochart treasured sov's , why do you want a Z on the beach ?

Might pay to read his post again ctx.

I don't see where he said he was using on the beach. He did say that he only had the detector on the bench.

Cheers

Doug

Latest posts