Johnnhoj
23 November 2019 09:29 pm

Hi all I would love to get involved if this is a thing I'm in cooroy

1 user likes this post: DanielMaranello

DanielMaranello
23 November 2019 09:52 pm

Johnnhoj wrote:

Hi all I would love to get involved if this is a thing I'm in cooroy

Judging by the years of posting and inaction it would appear that no club exists.

We obviously need to start one.

Lets see a show of hands for those willing to meet somewhere on the SC to get it going.

I am in Redcliffe willing to travel and to coordinate so we can pull it together.

Lets go for Gold.

Regards
Daniel pickshovel goldpan

DanielMaranello
23 November 2019 10:03 pm

I should qualify my last post by stating that I am new to this so whilst I am happy to work on getting something happening, I have no field experience or any real fossicking knowledge to contribute.

But that is why I want to get involved, so hopefully there are enough old heads willing to join in.

Regards

Digger58
28 November 2019 12:21 am

Hey guys, a lot of posts but no action. I've just joined and still working out this site, but want to get the ball rolling for a club as it doesn't appear one exists.
I think a central spot to initially meet would be the BananaBender pub (old Ettamogah pub on the highway) as that seems to be central to everyone spread out everywhere.
Singles, families, young or old, all welcome. People can split off into groups if they click with others and want to do separate trips.
I suggest as it is almost Christmas that we meet there in late January, which will allow time for the word to spread. At worse, we will have two people turn up, haha (I hope).
Please contact me if you know how. I will try and contact all who have posted in the past.
I'll post again with more info, but first I need to see numbers.
I'm not an authoritarian and in fact, I don't care who wants to be organiser or whatever. I just want action. Please have any ideas or info ready at the meetup.
One thing I am not keen on is having a legitimate functioning club with all the rigmarole and associated headaches. I would prefer a casual meetup.
Let's see what happens now, shall we?
Adios amigos.

Digger58
28 November 2019 12:22 am

Please don't leave me hanging, and if a club already exists, please tell me. Cheers.

DanielMaranello
28 November 2019 10:35 am

Hi Digger58
Good to receive your feedback. I too am interested and the bananabender sounds like agood spot.

I am waiting to see what sort of response we get, so far there are four of us which is a reasonable start, however one is moving to the SC so probably not ready to attend just yet.

I am happy to coordinate things in the first instance to get it up and running, but if you want to do it no problem.

I think by this time next week we will be able to set a time and date for the first meeting. What do you think?

Regards

DanielMaranello
28 November 2019 10:37 am

Actually your date of early January works better for me so lets go with that.

I too would prefer a more informal setup but will go with the consensus if that gets things moving.

Daniel
pickshovel goldpan

Digger58
28 November 2019 12:22 pm

Hi Daniel,
great to get a response, and a quick one at that.
We can both get this going by firstly getting people to meet so we can lay down a plan. Actually, anyone reading this, please throw in your ideas now before we meet in person. Who wants to be the main organiser, contact details of everyone, etc.

My idea is to let everyone know where we meet and date, and then just go somewhere as friends. We can then sort the nitty-gritty out around the campfire. Easy peasy.
Daniel, yes I agree, set a date and time next Thursday evening so people who check this site on the weekend-only can get involved.
You mention four people, I take it that is you, me and two others? Who are those two?

My thinking is to do a quick overnight weekend camp, somewhere close first up. I think this will enable everyone to go, even if it is only on Sunday as I know people work and have various obligations. My research so far is looking at Warwick and the Daraki Forest I think it's called. Why? There are about 40 square klms to search, so there should still be something there not discovered yet; in fact, I read some guy found quite a bit of gold about a year ago. If I find that story again I'll link it.
If everyone can have an idea of where to go and what will be involved would be good. As a side note, I can take three people if the transport is an issue, and it would make the drive more enjoyable too. We could chip in for fuel to be more economical. If others wish to share please advise.
Have you a spot Daniel?

I will say now if I haven't mentioned it elsewhere, that I am a newbie and no nothing much at the moment, and don't even have a detector yet.

Hey Daniel, I think I said to meet in late January, but I'm fine with early January if it's better for you and others.
Do you prefer Daniel or Dan, or something else? I'm good with Digger, Peter or Pete.

One other thing, I am willing to share if anyone is short of something at the moment: water container, camp cooker and gas, I think I have a spare tent and sleeping bag too. I'm all about living life as best I can, sharing with friends, helping others, and being nice to everyone.

Okay amigos, I think that's me for the moment. Glad to hear from you Daniel. At least there is two of us to go together. Cheers everyone, Digger, Peter, Pete. Lol.

Digger58
28 November 2019 12:51 pm

Hi all, please contact me about Sunshine Coast club, cheers.

Digger58
28 November 2019 05:01 pm

Hey Daniel, just thinking we could set a date now if there are already four of us. We can always change it beforehand if more join and the date isn't suitable to the majority. So December 5, 12, 19, or 26 maybe as they all fall on a Sunday. What do you think? I'm easy. Cheers.

DanielMaranello
28 November 2019 06:29 pm

Hi Pete,

I am travelling to China on holiday from Dec 6 to 15 so no good for me during that period.

Dec 26 could be a problem for everyone.

We could set a day or ask for preferences I suppose but then we might just see it drag along so I think setting a date and venue is a better option.

But then I still wont be here to attend between dates indicated so I am stuffed either way.

Regards

Digger58
28 November 2019 08:01 pm

Hey Daniel, we've confused something somewhere because the dates were for January 2020.

How does January 5 sound? At that BananaBender pub? Say 10am? Get things rolling?

Hey mate, I'm really sorry as I just checked my previous post and I did say December. My mistake.

Cheers.

DanielMaranello
28 November 2019 08:25 pm

Yes January date is fine. I will let the other 2 know and lets hope more see this and get onboard.

Regards

Gem in I
28 November 2019 08:37 pm

If I am in queensland jan 5th i'll see everyone around then or midday good luck either way. cheers.
(edit) I will let you know if I am here.

Last edited by Gem in I (28 November 2019 08:39 pm)

Patience is a learnt thing. Learnt it, sold it. Bought DETERMINATION.
sdc 2300, Willoughby's, sieves and a Zombie 7000

Digger58
28 November 2019 10:09 pm

Hey Daniel, is there something that indicates someone has responded or does one need to keep checking posts all the time?

How did you go with the other two? Are they good for that meet up?

Hey, Gem in l, you are welcome. Where are you coming from?

Digger58
29 November 2019 11:10 am

Hey Daniel, I have another member. He is on the Gold Coast, but that won't be an issue as we just keep him informed.

He is Somey Bandit MikeB05. He has experience and has prospected around Warwick and Gympie.

We're getting there mate, cheers.

Smoky bandit
29 November 2019 11:15 am

Digger58 wrote:

Hey Daniel, I have another member. He is on the Gold Coast, but that won't be an issue as we just keep him informed.

He is Somey Bandit MikeB05. He has experience and has prospected around Warwick and Gympie.

We're getting there mate, cheers.

Na he's just Mike B05 lol thumbsup

No pain No gain..

2 users like this post: DanielMaranello, Tathradj

DanielMaranello
29 November 2019 10:03 pm

Ok. This is happening then. Excellent.

Regards

Contact Us - Privacy Policy - Terms Of Service

View Desktop Site