You are not logged in.

• Register to access all forum features  

YeahTheGold
16 November 2019 12:16 pm

Hey im new to the whole prospecting thing got no money to spend really so was wondering if any one had used a minelab go find 22 to look for gold and what their thought are considering its only $200 i could buy if will atleast help find some shallow pickers in dry creek beds cheers

Dave79
16 November 2019 12:31 pm

Reckon you'd have more chance with a pan and a tub of water!

Prospecting must be like fishing, the big one keeps getting away!

2 users like this post: EVIE/BEE, diggit

HoudiniHarry
16 November 2019 01:21 pm

YeahTheGold wrote:

Hey im new to the whole prospecting thing got no money to spend really so was wondering if any one had used a minelab go find 22 to look for gold and what their thought are considering its only $200 i could buy if will atleast help find some shallow pickers in dry creek beds cheers

To be honest save your money. If you only have $200 buy a pan and you will find gold if you look in the right place.
You will only be disappointed if you rely on the gofind 22 fro gold.
Designed as a coin shooter for kids in parks and beaches.
The other option would be joining a club and hiring the clubs detector to work out if detecting is for you.
The club will offer tips and trips to help you be productive.
Do a google search for your area.

Cheers
HH

Last edited by HoudiniHarry (16 November 2019 01:24 pm)

Having a great time searching for gold....
GPX4500

1 user likes this post: roundtuit

hAyyoUinAU
16 November 2019 01:40 pm

YeahTheGold wrote:

This whole question is very unusual. I could break it down, but meh.

So what area in Australia are you from YeahTheGold?

GPZ 7000 + Equinox 800

madtuna
16 November 2019 02:21 pm

Hi YTG welcome to the forum. As previously stated, you'll be disappointed with the Gofind as a gold machine. Pans or a simple sluice would be better for your $200.

Also HayOoO...not sure what's very unusual about the question, it's a common question amongst people new to the hobby. If you could break it down, please do. But if you're feeling a bit 'meh' why bother even commenting.

If guns kill people, cutlery causes obesity. Sporks should be Cat D and have no place in suburbia
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL9zIt … KCVngVrjg?

2 users like this post: roundtuit, Digger58

YeahTheGold
16 November 2019 02:28 pm

Thought so cheers to all the useful commenters will get pan and sluice and head out for a try pickshovel goldpan gold-nugget

hAyyoUinAU
16 November 2019 03:54 pm

madtuna wrote:

Hi YTG welcome to the forum. As previously stated, you'll be disappointed with the Gofind as a gold machine. Pans or a simple sluice would be better for your $200.

Also HayOoO...not sure what's very unusual about the question, it's a common question amongst people new to the hobby. If you could break it down, please do. But if you're feeling a bit 'meh' why bother even commenting.

Why do I have to point EVERYTHING out.
It is very obvious to see in his question, but thats okay. I know what is going on.

But for starters, I don't think most new people ask about buying a $200 detector only if it will find shallow pickers in dry creek beds.

Joined today.....

GPZ 7000 + Equinox 800

4 users like this post: diggit, robmoto, pinfire opals, ctxkid

madtuna
17 November 2019 02:28 pm

hAyyoUinAU wrote:
madtuna wrote:

Why do I have to point EVERYTHING out.
It is very obvious to see in his question, but thats okay. I know what is going on.

But for starters, I don't think most new people ask about buying a $200 detector only if it will find shallow pickers in dry creek beds.

Joined today.....

Can't recall saying most new people ask, I said it is a common question. 

We often get new members introducing themselves stating they have a budget of X dollars (usually under $1000) and what is a good detector for gold in their limited price range. We've had a number of people specifically mention the GoFind range, he's not the first nor will he be the last.

So yes it is a common question and not unique to this forum but common to most.

I've reread his question a number of times and can't see what is "very unusual" about it.
Apparently you know what's going on so yes I was hoping you could" break it down" for the benefit of those (including me) who obviously don't know what's going on.

Yes he joined yesterday. Would it still have been a very unusual question if he joined any other day?

Or is it possible that caught up in your dramatics yesterday, we have an innocent new member asking a perfectly reasonable new member type question and you've mistakenly believed he is the alleged multiple membership SDC wielding internet pervert woman harasser?

Hey, I have no clue, so was hoping you could enlighten me but as you're feeling 'meh' I'm not holding my breath.

What I do know though is, basically naming someone on the forum accusing them of sexual harassment among other things whether true or not could be treading on risky legal grounds for both you and the forum owner and moderators.

If guns kill people, cutlery causes obesity. Sporks should be Cat D and have no place in suburbia
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL9zIt … KCVngVrjg?

5 users like this post: Rockhunter62, Mirrors, Smoky bandit, nucopia, ctxkid

Alienslayer
29 November 2019 02:03 pm

G'day and welcome, i started off with a go find 22 and it was soooo much fun!

i found my very first coin with it in a river bed!

Any metal detector will pick up gold by the way it's just how much money you wanna spend on a machine to get the best results.

it's like using a whiting rod to catch a big fish.

you won't be able to detect very deep as their mostly a machine used for a relics but hey it's a start and having fun is all that matters!

best of luck

2 users like this post: ctxkid, Digger58

Smoky bandit
29 November 2019 02:13 pm

You mean any detector will pick up gold if its big enough thumbsup
Not any detector will see small gold in the ground.

No pain No gain..

1 user likes this post: sand surfer

Alienslayer
29 November 2019 02:16 pm

Smoky bandit wrote:

You mean any detector will pick up gold if its big enough thumbsup
Not any detector will see small gold in the ground.

Yeh, it's still a good starting point though, i mean the guy wants to obviously have a great time on a budget! I work on an extreme budget too!

3 users like this post: Smoky bandit, ctxkid, Digger58

Contact Us - Privacy Policy - Terms Of Service

View Desktop Site