Sunshine Coast Club

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Daniel, I have another member. He is on the Gold Coast, but that won't be an issue as we just keep him informed.

He is Somey Bandit MikeB05. He has experience and has prospected around Warwick and Gympie.

We're getting there mate, cheers.

Digger58 said:
Hey Daniel, I have another member. He is on the Gold Coast, but that won't be an issue as we just keep him informed.

He is Somey Bandit MikeB05. He has experience and has prospected around Warwick and Gympie.

We're getting there mate, cheers.
Na he's just Mike B05 :lol: :Y:

Hi madtuna,

you're in, welcome to the club.

Two things you may not be aware of: on your first meeting you will be required to undergo an initiation rite. I am unable to tell you what that will consist of at the moment due to illegalities. Oh, there is a secrecy code you need to take an oath to before the initiation; the second and most important thing is the non-refundable membership fee. It will need to be in cash, and no receipt will be given. Why you may ask? Well, I am sorry but I am not able to divulge that for security reasons that you will find in our charter and club book of codes, that you will have access to if you survive the initiation. We will have a wheelchair on hand as we have found nearly all applicants have trouble walking afterward.

You will love everything about our club. As far as bumper stickers and T-shirts, well, it is a secret club so we don't advertise in any way, shape or form. You will understand why when you are wearing your latex gimp outfit.

Interesting how your avatar is madtuna, because have you seen them vibrating and jerking when the fisherman tries holding them? So you get the picture right?

Cheers, and welcome to the club. :eek: :lol:

Smoky bandit said:
MikeB05 said:
Hi Mate I am interested. Now live at Gold Coast but formerly resided on Sunshine Coast and was a regular at places around Gympie as well as trips to Warwick.

Perhaps there is low interest because people fear that a club might require them to give up their favoured spots. Not sure.

I know a bit over a year ago a Qld member of this forum tried to get a petition going to seek more land being opened up for fossicking by Qld Govt. Could get a thousand signatures despite his best effort and posting in this forum.
Gday Mike
I was wondering where you got to.
You should see the size of the pits now :8 :8

Hey Smokey..yeah did the reverse sea change and headed down to the Gold Coast. Ive had one decent dig in the last 2 years at Deep Creek and nothing either side of that.

In 2017 I got to go to Alaska and the Yukon (Dawson City and even got to meet and have a chat with Tony Beets from GoldRush). Got some nice gold over there, but no activity since.
Miss it all...will have to get out there again soon.

Hi DIgger and Dan, I'm keen for a meet up and chat about possible trip to prospect. Let me know what you decide. I'm at morayfield

Hi , I would definatly be keen to meet some sunny coasters. I work during the week but keen for a get together.

MikeB05 said:
Smoky bandit said:
MikeB05 said:
Hi Mate I am interested. Now live at Gold Coast but formerly resided on Sunshine Coast and was a regular at places around Gympie as well as trips to Warwick.

Perhaps there is low interest because people fear that a club might require them to give up their favoured spots. Not sure.

I know a bit over a year ago a Qld member of this forum tried to get a petition going to seek more land being opened up for fossicking by Qld Govt. Could get a thousand signatures despite his best effort and posting in this forum.
Gday Mike
I was wondering where you got to.
You should see the size of the pits now :8 :8

Hey Smokey..yeah did the reverse sea change and headed down to the Gold Coast. Ive had one decent dig in the last 2 years at Deep Creek and nothing either side of that.

In 2017 I got to go to Alaska and the Yukon (Dawson City and even got to meet and have a chat with Tony Beets from GoldRush). Got some nice gold over there, but no activity since.
Miss it all...will have to get out there again soon.

Mike, we're off to Canada in July. Any tips on where we should head to for a bit of colour. We're going for a nephew's wedding but we've booked 5 weeks.

Hi Smokey it depends on what city or cities you are going to. In July it's a great time to visit because its summer but still coolish in some places.

The Yukon where we went is a long way from Vancouver but if you get there stay in Dawson City and the locals will tell you where you can go panning. You can see restored dredge and the impacts of dredging and mining. If you are lucky you will run into Tony Beets or wife Minnie who are regulars in Dawson or others from the Gold Rush show including Parker and Rick. Dawson City is a great little town and surprisingly, there is heaps to do there and lots of touristy stuff too.

If staying at or near other cities...it's the same deal as here... just start searching on Google. Great part of the world... best wishes for your trip.

Hi all, our meet-up happened today and was a success. Seven of us, and a nicer group of people you would be hard-pressed to meet.

Going forward we will not be having any more meetings at this stage as we live far and wide. We will be keeping in contact with each other and posting trips on this

forum. So if anyone wants to join in then let me know. Very informal and easy-going is what we all want.

Love to see others join us, whether old or young, male or female, tall or short, fat or thin, you are welcome.

Any trip will be on this site by each Monday.

At the moment membership fees are free, so come on. :Y: :)

i'm keen to meet up for a day, will have 2 weeks available as of next week.

let me know if you're still keen :)

Not too sure if the interest in a new club on the Sunny Coast it still alive?

Once this mess is over add me to the list as an interested future member.

I live in Burpengary and am keen to travel.

I do a lot of outback travel / camping and am looking at getting more experience in detecting for the shiny stuff.

Im interested in a club/group too. Gympie and warwick are are my main areas and based in burpengary :D

Hi guys, I am new here.
I live on the sunny coast and I am short, fat, male and easy going...is there still a spot open in your group? ;)

Latest posts