(WA) Western Australia Tengraph information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello Everybody !

I just wanted to share some info about using Tengraph on a MAC Book (Apple).

Since 20/09 a new version of Tengraph Web has been released. Now it can be used by apple and windows users with no pulgins needed !

Problem solved ! Thank you for your help ;)

I noticed that just then. :Y: I think it's a bit more user friendly. Just got to see how it is when you try to overlay into google earth.

Hello Guys,

my introduction thread -> :) /forum/viewtopic.php?id=28310

As I am still in preparations for the long planned trip I was trying to register for Tengraph several times now (different mail accounts) but I neither recived an activation mail nor an error.

Do you guys know if someone is even able to register from overseas for Tengraph at all? Overwise if have to contact their support.

Thanks as always!
Oli

To specify my question, I recieve this message after trying to register:

Thank you for registering with the Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety.

A confirmation has now been sent to the email address you supplied. Please follow the instructions in the email to
confirm your registration. If you do not confirm your registration within 14 days, your registration will be cancelled.

But I never recieve the mentioned confirmation mail. Not in junk, not blocked / blacklisted.
8.(

@Rockhunter62: No. tried it several times now over the past months. Even tried different mail providers - I simply don't get this confirmation mail to complete my registration.

@Ded Driver: Yeah, I wrote them now after I tried to register again. Will let you know if there are any news.

Thank you guys.
Oli

Aaaaaaaalright, found the error and told the IT Support.

The registration form can't handle letters like ",," ... instead you have to write "Ae, Oe, Ue". Funny thing is, it generates no visible error for the user :|
Maybe this is helpul for others.

Best,
Oli

General_Hawkins said:
Aaaaaaaalright, found the error and told the IT Support.

The registration form can't handle letters like ",," ... instead you have to write "Ae, Oe, Ue". Funny thing is, it generates no visible error for the user :|
Maybe this is helpul for others.

Best,
Oli
what langauge uses those symbols? is it french or greek.

In my Case german. But if you have it in your name, it doesn't matter at all :)

But for your interest :p :

- Germany
- Sweden
- Estland
- Finland
- Hungary
- Iceland
- Denmark
- Turkey
- Austria

Hello everybody

Since a week I am having issues to access TengraphWEB. When I try to access it, it leads me to an error page. I am using a Mac device and google chrome, but it worked well before.
Is it only me or does it happen to you ?

I send an email to Tengraph IT service, but as not receive a respond yet.

Hi Joffrey, have you looked at this application called: "Australian geology travel maps"?! You might not need Tengraph at all.
Cheers

Hi everyone!

I have a trip with family coming up soon and I've been using tengraph to look for a decent few places near Menzies to try and detect. I have found a few spots that look decent and covered by a pastoral lease so i know the rules with that, but another area is covered by a water reserve and another is covered by the town site boundary. Are you allowed to prospect here or is it a definite no? Both Have pending tenements on them.

Hi J
As you drive into the area of the water reserve you will come across signs saying "Entry Prohibited" I was in there last year and kept driving through the area until I got off the water reserve and onto the other pending ground thats to the east of it. I was only in there for a few hours and had no luck , it was also fairly rubbishy.

Thanks Balmain

Yeah i thought as much since it said reserve. Just had to ask tho since it has a pending tenement in its boundary's.

The area you're talking about is littered with 303 bullets...must have been a firing range during the war.
Miners are not allowed to mine within the town limits but not sure about detecting.
At Menzies the main gold areas were west of the highway. I have not had much luck at Menzies and others i know prefer other areas like Meeka, Cue, Mt magnet, Peak Hill, Leonora, all are getting a lot of attention from detectorists..

Good luck at Menzies...Keep us informed. ;)

Back in the 1980's, it used to be said that Menzies gold was of unusually low purity - only about 80% gold if I remember rightly - and consequently Menzies nuggets were difficult to sell. I don't know whether this was actually correct, but it was accepted as common knowledge amongst prospectors at the time.

Latest posts