Sunshine Coast Club

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, BMDC is out there for us however a Sunshine Coast club seems to have featured in several posts here over the years, so there appears to be a hole to fill ;) there.

Thanks Smoky Bandit and would you be interested in such a venture?

Regards
Daniel :pickshovel: :goldpan:

Hey guys, a lot of posts but no action. I've just joined and still working out this site, but want to get the ball rolling for a club as it doesn't appear one exists.
I think a central spot to initially meet would be the BananaBender pub (old Ettamogah pub on the highway) as that seems to be central to everyone spread out everywhere.
Singles, families, young or old, all welcome. People can split off into groups if they click with others and want to do separate trips.
I suggest as it is almost Christmas that we meet there in late January, which will allow time for the word to spread. At worse, we will have two people turn up, haha (I hope).
Please contact me if you know how. I will try and contact all who have posted in the past.
I'll post again with more info, but first I need to see numbers.
I'm not an authoritarian and in fact, I don't care who wants to be organiser or whatever. I just want action. Please have any ideas or info ready at the meetup.
One thing I am not keen on is having a legitimate functioning club with all the rigmarole and associated headaches. I would prefer a casual meetup.
Let's see what happens now, shall we?
Adios amigos.

Hi Digger58
Good to receive your feedback. I too am interested and the bananabender sounds like agood spot.

I am waiting to see what sort of response we get, so far there are four of us which is a reasonable start, however one is moving to the SC so probably not ready to attend just yet.

I am happy to coordinate things in the first instance to get it up and running, but if you want to do it no problem.

I think by this time next week we will be able to set a time and date for the first meeting. What do you think?

Regards
Daniel :pickshovel: :goldpan:

Actually your date of early January works better for me so lets go with that.

I too would prefer a more informal setup but will go with the consensus if that gets things moving.

Daniel
:pickshovel: :goldpan:

Hi Daniel,
great to get a response, and a quick one at that.
We can both get this going by firstly getting people to meet so we can lay down a plan. Actually, anyone reading this, please throw in your ideas now before we meet in person. Who wants to be the main organiser, contact details of everyone, etc.

My idea is to let everyone know where we meet and date, and then just go somewhere as friends. We can then sort the nitty-gritty out around the campfire. Easy peasy.
Daniel, yes I agree, set a date and time next Thursday evening so people who check this site on the weekend-only can get involved.
You mention four people, I take it that is you, me and two others? Who are those two?

My thinking is to do a quick overnight weekend camp, somewhere close first up. I think this will enable everyone to go, even if it is only on Sunday as I know people work and have various obligations. My research so far is looking at Warwick and the Daraki Forest I think it's called. Why? There are about 40 square klms to search, so there should still be something there not discovered yet; in fact, I read some guy found quite a bit of gold about a year ago. If I find that story again I'll link it.
If everyone can have an idea of where to go and what will be involved would be good. As a side note, I can take three people if the transport is an issue, and it would make the drive more enjoyable too. We could chip in for fuel to be more economical. If others wish to share please advise.
Have you a spot Daniel?

I will say now if I haven't mentioned it elsewhere, that I am a newbie and no nothing much at the moment, and don't even have a detector yet.

Hey Daniel, I think I said to meet in late January, but I'm fine with early January if it's better for you and others.
Do you prefer Daniel or Dan, or something else? I'm good with Digger, Peter or Pete.

One other thing, I am willing to share if anyone is short of something at the moment: water container, camp cooker and gas, I think I have a spare tent and sleeping bag too. I'm all about living life as best I can, sharing with friends, helping others, and being nice to everyone.

Okay amigos, I think that's me for the moment. Glad to hear from you Daniel. At least there is two of us to go together. Cheers everyone, Digger, Peter, Pete. Lol.

Hey folks, anyone interested in joining this club on the Sunshine Coast and surrounds is very welcome. Please bring a smile and be kind and thoughtful would be great.
Cheers.

Digger58 said:
Hi everyone. I am trying to get a club going. If anyone is interested, please let me know. I think there is four so far, me and Daniel for sure.
Cheers, and hope to hear from anyone and everyone, so singles, couples, families, anyone.

Yeah I've been looking into getting one of them myself to ward off those masses of eastern state intruders we see over here every prospecting season O:) :lol:

Prospecting has a season? I thought that was only for t.v. Starting my season over there in about 2 weeks.

I'll be sure to try and dodge your club MB I reckon you would probably have a good swing on you. :lol:

Gem in I said:
Prospecting has a season? I thought that was only for t.v. Starting my season over there in about 2 weeks.

I'll be sure to try and dodge your club MB I reckon you would probably have a good swing on you. :lol:

Not really a wise decision to head out into the goldfields at this time of the year. I worked up a sweat sweeping the shaded front verandah at 8:30 this morning. I thought about doing a bit of work but I'd need gloves on just to pick up a spanner so here I am in the air-conditioned comfort of indoors. I't difficult to keep yourself sufficiently hydrated in these temperatures. It's a very dry heat and you can lose a lot more fluids than seem to be coming out.

Latest posts