Water in a Camp

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
It's getting too hard to carry all the water from lake or a river or creek, so I use my water shower pump to fill a foldable water container - bought for around $A 120.00 at ebay. It is a 250l capacity, easily portable and taking very little space in a car equivalent of a 250 litre water barrel, and it weights only about 4 kg. It is a black plastic, so water doesn't develop green slime, etc from sun exposure. There are also other, cheaper, but I thought, black plastic will better prevent algae grows and slime - which it does very well. I set it on my present camp for trial and it works just fine. You can get also such containers with lesser capacity: 160l, 100l, 80l, etc, at a smaller prices.

Too prevent bacterial infestation and other nasties, I use a Colloidal Silver. I'm making it myself in any quantity I want, for practically pennies, after initial investment of about 250 $A. I got it online from a WA company, also found by browsing online, called Silverwell https://www.colloidalsilver.com.au/ I have none affiliation with that company, I'm just happy with the product I bought from them, so I want to share it here with you, and it gets delivered quickly, too. :)

I use a 12V shower pump, with a T joiner with tap for this purpose, to fill-up the container, and add to it, one half a litre of the Colloidal Silver, added during the filling the container by water. This staff kills all the nasties better than Chlorination, and doesn't give any funny test, ect. Not mentioning too much of how healthy it is. Besides this, my water gets delivered to the tank also by the silver enhanced Water Filter, so it is just as pure as needs to be for use. Adding colloidal silver really adds a punch to the safety of the water. In near future I intend to use a Revers Osmosis filter, so I can use any water, anywhere, even brackish water becomes good to drink.

As there is not always any water near, when prospecting and free camping, I'll use a 20 litre containers, to top up the main container, using of the same water pump, if felt not really up to lifting a 20 kg weight. ;) For eventual longer stay I'l gradually add water each trip to a nearest town or some other supply place. After full, it will last for a long time. In the car, I carry a 20 litre container full of water to use as as need arrives, as a safety, and to refill the main container. I carry also 2*20 litre plastic containers in my caravan normally empty, used to refill the main container on trips back and forward to the supply place, which makes it all together 3*20 litre containers. This supply will last for a long time, even if in use as a - recycled - water for panning and other prospecting operations.

Latest posts