Detecting Shoes?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey can someone please recommend a decent set of hiking boots that wont set my detector off? Ive resorted to using my school yard Nikes because everything else interferes with the 14, even they do when under the coil haha

2nd the Redbacks. But make sure they are Redback Ubok.

Some Redbacks have metal in steps but the Ubok have none at all. Can find them on Ebay for about $85 delivered post free to your door.

when the countryside is really rugged i wear double pluggers :perfect: they also double as my going out on the town thongs as well :cool:
the piece of mind in having the extra plug strength in the rough :pickshovel: is priceless :money: :100:
highly recommend taking the time in the thong isle picking the best ones :Y:

[img=...]https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcTszkAPuJaF54YWpHkoH-gARxJ1zOtAxsYT6ygmGKbHV4knHyVg[/img]

I just bought a pair of Steel Blue non safety boots today.
EBay have them with $10 off until Thursday :D

My previous boots were Mongrel boots, but I was getting very sore heals due to "no heal lining" it is very disappointing that Mongrel boots said........ We only make the heal lining for the others and not these...... :brokenh:
I guess customers are not always right, company policy first. 8.(
So much for being Australian made? :money:
Customer service out the window :poop:

I used to wear Steel Blue boots but found the tread wore out to fast for me and what I do with work and leisure. Steel Blue's, from memory, have airbags in the heels

ctxkid said:
when the countryside is really rugged i wear double pluggers :perfect: they also double as my going out on the town thongs as well :cool:
the piece of mind in having the extra plug strength in the rough :pickshovel: is priceless :money: :100:
highly recommend taking the time in the thong isle picking the best ones :Y:
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/...PuJaF54YWpHkoH-gARxJ1zOtAxsYT6ygmGKbHV4knHyVg
a reaaally good plus with these CTX, is when a snake has a go at your foot, you can quick whip one off & slap the bastxxxd with it :power:

I have the steelblue innersoles in the olivers . Good combination for all round foot and heal support . I wear these boots everywhere .

Oliver ATs. Non metallic. Composite toe.

Have a work pair and prospecting pair ( Cause work pays)

No wearing in. Comfortable from day one. Relatively light due to composite toe not steel.

Not a peep from SDC or gpz.

1574660185_img_20191125_163245621.jpg

Slip ons are my go. No laces to worry about and when my feet expand in the heat ,so does the boot. I walk many miles at work and love these .

1574670345_boots.jpg

Oliver ATs. Non metallic composit toe eyelets and side zip .
They are super comfy and have great ankle support as well.

Bought mine from a forum member who ordered the wrong size for himself but they were a perfect fit for me.
Great boots for detecting

The digger (wife) wears slip on red backs and they dont set off the detector

I wear slip on rossi's, with bamboo fibre socks. A great combo that are as comfy as :perfect:

Latest posts