Builds by Baz - crevicing tools.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Destructive/strength test on a thin offcut of spring steel I'm using for crevicing tools. I locked it in the vice, put a pipe over it and pulled as hard as I could. It didn't break and I ripped the bloody vice off it's bolts... (see damage on left)

1572678062_20191102_173358-920x447.jpg

12 more cut and dressed today, ready for forging.

1572678099_20191102_173335-920x447.jpg

madtuna said:
Sandbagger said:
Johnnhoj said:
They look awesome, how much do you charge for them?

Send me a PM mate.
Why not pop them in the for sale section with a price so people know whether to email you or not

ahhhh!... I think I worked out why there was no answer, I left the ? off the end so it read like a statement not a question. :8

A thousand pardons! :D

Great Work Sandbagger :Y:

There's nothing I like to see more that Quality tools, handmade here in Australia. I'm sure there would be a Chinese version, and I'm sure it would be stamped out of cheap crap steel and rendered useless in no time at all. You and guys like Blue Jeans Ronny with his picks are leading the Resistance :perfect:

madtuna said:
madtuna said:
Sandbagger said:
Johnnhoj said:
They look awesome, how much do you charge for them?

Send me a PM mate.
Why not pop them in the for sale section with a price so people know whether to email you or not

ahhhh!... I think I worked out why there was no answer, I left the ? off the end so it read like a statement not a question. :8

A thousand pardons! :D

Sorry mate. I did answer, spending gruelling minutes texting with one thumb on my phone, only to hit the reply button instead of the submit button and lost it all. Those two buttons are very annoying.

RE: for sale section - I wasn't sure if the mods would frown upon a double post.

Baz.

Deepseeker said:
Great Work Sandbagger :Y:

There's nothing I like to see more that Quality tools, handmade here in Australia. I'm sure there would be a Chinese version, and I'm sure it would be stamped out of cheap crap steel and rendered useless in no time at all. You and guys like Blue Jeans Ronny with his picks are leading the Resistance :perfect:

Thanks mate!

Baz.

Look into becoming a sponsor Baz :Y: your quality of skills are excellent and by virtue of that members will be happy to support you not only now but in the future. You have a huge following with everything you create, absolutely hands down brilliant skills Baz. I know I'm not alone in saying your work is well admired and you certainly know what you are talking about :Y:

RM Outback said:
Look into becoming a sponsor Baz :Y: your quality of skills are excellent and by virtue of that members will be happy to support you not only now but in the future. You have a huge following with everything you create, absolutely hands down brilliant skills Baz. I know I'm not alone in saying your work is well admired and you certainly know what you are talking about :Y:

Very kind mate.

What does, "Becoming a sponsor" mean?

Baz.

Sandbagger said:
RM Outback said:

Very kind mate.

What does, "Becoming a sponsor" mean?

Baz.

All gold to be surrendered and shared amongst the fine folk on PA. :playful: