Not for sale, FREE. Pick up only.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

user 14190

Too old to care anyway.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have an Engel Eclipse MR40F-G4 portable fridge freezer that I am giving away FREE. It is pick up only from Tomerong, just south of Nowra NSW.
It was purchased about 12 years ago for our trips to the GT, worked well on 12 volt until about 5 years ago when I found that it was not working on 12volt, works well on 240 volt. We made inquiries about getting it fixed, but either had to take it to Canberra or Wollongong and had to wait for an unknown period of time before we could pick it up again which added extra costs to unknown repair costs, so as we were due to leave in a few days time for another trip to the GT we purchased a new one.

The faulty one was then put in our flat and run on 240v for our son on his infrequent visits to store a small amount of food. It has now been removed from the flat, I have been looking at getting it repaired and neither the Canberra nor the Wollongong repairers seem to exist anymore. A couple of days ago applied 12 volts via lead from new Engel and it started and ran ( 12 vol lead for the free one seems to have gone walkies, knew where it was, but not there now) and from checking other forums with the same problems it seems that it could be either the old lead with faulty connections, I checked it with multi meter and could not find anything wrong, or it is in the circuit boards which seem to cost over $500.00 if they are the problem. If someone knows anyone that could repair or fix it is a good unit, but it is not worth me trying to sell in the present condition. They are selling for around the $850.00 new. It is for pick up only and I do not want to be holding it for months waiting for pick up. Prefer a PM so I have an idea of who may be first if anyone wants it.

Graham

Sounds like a simple problem - but one never knows until one can see and measure things.

Am sure it would suit any number of people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts