Soft shackle

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RM Outback said:
Ded Driver said:
that's darn cool NJ, but a lot of fiddling!

Only fiddly until you learn it :Y: a lot like detecting :) I'm gunna give it a crack and keep at till I master it :beer: it'll come in handy one day.

Me too RM, DD, Billy, taught myself to splice the three strand rope years ago also tried my hand at the "netting knot."
My dad found this glass float on the beach at Port Gregory back in the '40's. Have carted it around for years and a decade or so back tried my hand at covering it in netting.
Now this WAS fiddly, persevered :beer: :beer: and end result was like a bought one. :playful:

1573601313_glass_float_001.jpg

Mark, When involved with fire and rescue we did a fair amount of rope climbing. One of our training sessions we did something different. A "star jump" in the Bridal Cave, sou west WA. What an adrenalin rush, 100 ft free fall, halting a couple of metres from floor. Then the climb back up using ascenders and (can't think of name) rope slings on our boots, moving up one step at a time. Oh! To be that fit again. ?? Edit: DD, you came in after I found the answer.???Like your reply.

Nightjar said:
Mark, When involved with fire and rescue we did a fair amount of rope climbing. One of our training sessions we did something different. A "star jump" in the Bridal Cave, sou west WA. What an adrenalin rush, 100 ft free fall, halting a couple of metres from floor. Then the climb back up using ascenders and (can't think of name) rope slings on our boots, moving up one step at a time. Oh! To be that fit again. ?? Edit: DD, you came in after I found the answer.???Like your reply.

I work 260m/853ft at the highest ha ha. It is good fun, until the wind picks up!

Mark, wouldn't fancy climbing back up the rope to that height. :8
Did a bit of googling and was gobsmacked what they wanted for a Rope Splicing Fid for use with Dyneema rope.
Out to the shed and found some 10mm ID S/S tube, perfect, half hour later saved myself a fist full of $$$'s. :D
All needed now is a length of rope and let the fun begin, will be a great way to keep occupied after pending knee op at end of month.

1573631318_fid_001.jpg

Latest posts