Oberon sapphire help for newbie!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys!
Im heading to Oberon tomorrow to try my luck adding some new gems to my personal collection.

I have never been and I have no idea where to start. Ive done quite a bit of research and have some names of places, but still not entirely sure.

Does anybody know any decent locations? Id even be happy to shout a carton. Myself(female) and my 3 dogs are heading out on an adventure and Id love to be able to find something for my collection.

My number is ********** , if anybody reads this and can help, not sure how service coverage is there.

Thanks guys!

Mod edit, no personal phone numbers are allowed on the open forum

Very limited service in the Black Springs area, you'll have it along the Abercrombie Road but its unlikely you'll get in within the Vulcan State Forest (I'm not with Telstra, maybe you will get service if you are).

Firstly, do you have a fossicking licence?
https://www.forestrycorporation.com.au/visit/activities/fossicking

If yes, all good, you can go where you like, within reason.
If no, you are mostly limited to the Sapphire Bend fossicking area. I can point this out on a map if you like.

BikeSandals said:
Hi guys!
Im heading to Oberon tomorrow to try my luck adding some new gems to my personal collection.

I have never been and I have no idea where to start. Ive done quite a bit of research and have some names of places, but still not entirely sure.

Does anybody know any decent locations? Id even be happy to shout a carton. Myself(female) and my 3 dogs are heading out on an adventure and Id love to be able to find something for my collection.

My number is ********** , if anybody reads this and can help, not sure how service coverage is there.

Thanks guys!

Mod edit, no personal phone numbers are allowed on the open forum

Hi bikesandals, how did you end up going?

Latest posts