Coming home

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all,
Due to medical issues with my dad it looks like im heading back to australia after 20 years away.
Ive been living in California chasing nuggets and enjoying the history lessons that prospecting teaches us. I own a 20 acre claim here. Have sniped, scraped bedrock, drywashed and done my fair share of diggin and washing rocks. But i feel my last piece of usa gold has been found.
My parents are near brisbane. I will be bringing my Gold Bug 2 and pin pointer with me at christmas time. I see Warwick and Gympie are the happening spots.
I see i need a licence to detect in qld. Weird, i see the ureka stockade has been forgotten by our young politicians in the sunshine state. Guess i will pay to play before i find some income aye.
Im 100% open to advice, tips experiences you have in the south qld or northern nsw areas.
Ive watched all the youtube vids i could find on the areas. I will be looking for old maps of warwick which i will probably hit first.
My main problem im trying to get my head around is you have designated areas there for detecting???
Sureley they have been gutted? Is everyone looking for private property to find virgin ground? Im a bit lost with the mentality of the rules in place.
Anyway enough talking. Send me any info you would like. Clubs i should join. Areas to look at.
If you are a nugget hunter and looking for a snake bite buddy then hit me up.
Dan :Y:

Latest posts