Today I BOUGHT

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been using a king chrome box cutter around the camp to open vacuum bags I put raw and sous vide food in.

So I thought I'd get a multitool or pocket knife to take camping.

Trouble was, I could not decide between a Leatherman Surge and Spyderco Chaparral FRN lighweght folding knife. The Leatherman has pretty good straight and serrated blades, and a range of other potentially useful tools and of course the nice pliers. On the other hand the Spyderco is a beautiful bit of gear, very light and thin with a very slicey blade of great quality steel.

So I did the sensible thing and bought them both.

I'm glad I did, the Leatherman has plenty of uses, and the little Spyderco is shaving sharp.

1572835790_fb_img_1572835134143.jpg

1572835812_fb_img_1572835141173.jpg

1572835833_fb_img_1572835159188.jpg

(forgot to extend the scissors for the pic)

your purchase of a Leatherman jogged a memory that I had one floating around in a drawer somewhere. Just found it - it is the original design given to me way back when (more than 20 years ago). I just had a look on the Leatherman website to see if they still make them and they have a commemorative version (exactly the same but with Tim Leatherman's signature engraved) listed at $349 :eek: . Admittedly mine has been around the traps but $349!!

This one going straight into the pool room. May even sell the detectors and take up knife collecting.

Hope you enjoy yours though. Quality product.

Manpa said:
Very nice Dr Duck, tools to last a lifetime.

Leatherman do have a lifetime guarantee, I believe. I had a Leatherman Sidekick for many years then one day I found that the spring that hold the tools folded had broken. So I stopped using it.

Then while looking at some Leatherman stuff on a web site, I noted that it said lifetime guarantee, so I asked the question and was told to send it to a Sydney office. A few days later I received a note asking did I want it repaired or replaced and after replying that I didn't care they sent me a brand new replacement.

I guess the new/replace choice is in case there is some sentimental attachment to the knife.

Rob P.

Archimedes said:
your purchase of a Leatherman jogged a memory that I had one floating around in a drawer somewhere. Just found it - it is the original design given to me way back when (more than 20 years ago). I just had a look on the Leatherman website to see if they still make them and they have a commemorative version (exactly the same but with Tim Leatherman's signature engraved) listed at $349 :eek: . Admittedly mine has been around the traps but $349!!

This one going straight into the pool room. May even sell the detectors and take up knife collecting.

Hope you enjoy yours though. Quality product.

Check this thread Archimedes
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=21383

went to brisbane today to buy and cart back a new display fridge for our shop got that no probs ,but when i unload the ute a few hours ago this was in there too , that would explain why my wallet took a caning today .
johno.
P.S. i think the old terra 705 is sulking in the corner at the moment, its safe though i still love it .
1572948076_nox.jpg

I bought my QED Week ago. Bought the Quest wireless system today. Put the QED to use for 2 hrs so far. Starting to understand the relationship between all the setting. Off to Warick next week to test thrash

Cheers

Dave63 said:
I bought my QED Week ago. Bought the Quest wireless system today. Put the QED to use for 2 hrs so far. Starting to understand the relationship between all the setting. Off to Warick next week to test thrash

Cheers

Good luck Dave63 :Y: exciting times for you and the QED interesting times ahead.

Tathradj said:
No, It was not me who deleted that post.

I hate to carp about it,

From the rule book,
Quote "Due to varying beliefs and opinions, discussions directly relating to politics or religion are not permitted." Unquote

I myself could let loose with a whole heap of stuff that would make the average polly gape in awe,
but, I cannot and will not and also,
Abiding by the rules.

OK. :Y:

It is a wonder this post is still alive.

Finally, I will not enter into further discussions.
another Mod can deal with this one.

Oopsy wrong thread Doug :eek: if it puts a smile on your face :) Doug I liked your post :lol: :lol: :lol: :Y: :beer:

Tathrdj Edit

I have no idea what happened there.
I cannot even find the offending post in the data base.
sorry about that. :8 :awful:

Tathradj said:
No, It was not me who deleted that post.

I hate to carp about it,

From the rule book,
Quote "Due to varying beliefs and opinions, discussions directly relating to politics or religion are not permitted." Unquote

I myself could let loose with a whole heap of stuff that would make the average polly gape in awe,
but, I cannot and will not and also,
Abiding by the rules.

OK. :Y:

It is a wonder this post is still alive.

Finally, I will not enter into further discussions.
another Mod can deal with this one.
wrong thread Doug ?

well....
went browsing for a 3.5mm Stereo Jack Socket so I can make a mod to my headphones....
Sadly Benalla on a Sunday doesn't have much on offer in my hunt for this..
looked on Ebay and sure there's just the thing I want -----in Hong Kong.....(says it'll be delivered between 27th Nov and 7th Jan) WTH...!!!!

Im not waiting THAT long.

Finally found what I need at JC ...ordering tomorrow...

Latest posts